+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Your favourite Notts player ever - time for my new avatar

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Very hard and favourite doesn't mean best....one of Mair, Harkouk, Abramovic and Richards from our promotion and top flight days.
    True. Harkouk is one of my favourites because of what he represents ... a time when Notts were successful and had flair players. We didn't even need him and he was a bit of a luxury, but on his day, he could be almost world class. Much as I loved Carter, Scanlon and Les Bradd, they weren't part of the squad that took us to the top flight and stayed there for 3 years so they've been displaced in my mind by the 81/82 team, the best Notts team in living memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    True. Harkouk is one of my favourites because of what he represents ... a time when Notts were successful and had flair players. We didn't even need him and he was a bit of a luxury, but on his day, he could be almost world class. Much as I loved Carter, Scanlon and Les Bradd, they weren't part of the squad that took us to the top flight and stayed there for 3 years so they've been displaced in my mind by the 81/82 team, the best Notts team in living memory.
    Yeah. And this team could be stunning on its day. Remember the quality of the goals in Coventry 1 Notts 5, Ipswich (2nd best team in the land then) 1 Notts 2, Notts 6 Sunderland 0, Notts 4 Wolves 0 plus wins over Man U, Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea etc

Richards was probably the best player followed by McCulloch, but the flair from Mair, Harkouk, Raddy was brilliant.

Before that, Masson was an even better player too, but I remember being gutted when he left. It was great to see his reputation soar, as maybe the best passer in the game, for QPR and Scotland. And then he came me back and did great again. But I can't remember a lot from his first spell and remember him just as much as a QPR player.

I notice there are no votes for our biggest signings - Agana (no surprise), Chiedozie, McSwegan, Schmeichel....
    Also surprised not to see Hughes mentioned more

So many great players to choose from (mostly before this millennium)!
    My Dad always used to rave about Martyn Busby saying he was too clever for those around him but my favourite has got to be Iain 'the cat' McCulloch!

yes busby was a great player ! I was never sure if it was viv or martyn though !

Bit late to the party, but what the hell.

I started watching Notts around 1991, so never saw the legends of old. I've had a few favourites along the way - Paul Devlin, Steve Finnan, Mark Stallard, Ben Davies.

The best player I have seen in that time was probably Mark Draper or Lee Hughes, but I'll go for Hughes because I was old enough to fully appreciate what he did for Notts. By far the best player we've had in relation to the division we were playing in, and also a real fans' favourite.