+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best player to have graced NYS

Best player to have graced NYS

It can be a Rotherham player if you like, but in the six years (six years!) the stadium has been open, who is the best player you've seen play there?
    We've seen plenty of class players in the championship and no doubt will again, but for me it's got to be Edgar Davids for Barnet in league 2.
    Even though he was the wrong side of 40, he was a class act and was the best player on the pitch by a country mile. Not so much the best performance by a player at NYS, but his years of experience and top class pedigree was there for all to see.

He was also very complimentary about RUFC and well impressed with the stadium.

An all round class act and legend of the modern game.

Not sure about being best player but best performance by a visiting player that I can remember was young Alex Pritchard when on loan from Spurs. Totally destroyed us that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazza Has A Gazza View Post
    It can be a Rotherham player if you like, but in the six years (six years!) the stadium has been open, who is the best player you've seen play there?
    We've seen plenty of class players in the championship and no doubt will again, but for me it's got to be Edgar Davids for Barnet in league 2.
    Even though he was the wrong side of 40, he was a class act and was the best player on the pitch by a country mile. Not so much the best performance by a player at NYS, but his years of experience and top class pedigree was there for all to see.

He was also very complimentary about RUFC and well impressed with the stadium.

An all round class act and legend of the modern game.
    I will agree with that,he was a joy to watch pure class.

Edgar Davids by a country mile, pure class player who entertained us at the NYS with Barnet.

It’s a long time since I have watch one man totally run a game (Edgar Davids)

Has to be Edgar Davids for me too. Good shout by sCORaFU though, Pritchard was superb that day.

Thought Joey Barton in the 1-2 defeat on sky was a great performance. Some of the passes he was making were superb

Tend to agree with everyone, I was thinking Joey Barton but on reflection Davids was probably the best.

Damn..I missed the Barnet game.

Quote Originally Posted by vespabri View Post
    Damn..I missed the Barnet game.
    A class above bri.
    Played in his usual dark glasses,.
    Was he player manager ? and did we lose that one ? Memory is going awol.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast