+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Icky and Ajayi

Icky and Ajayi

Both these players have preformed well for us in the promotion season at times. At the start of the season they were together in the heart of defence. This clearly didn't work as the mistakes, misunderstandings and miscommunication mounted as the points tally didn't.
    The introduction of Wood steadied the ship and we began to see the best of Ajayi and sometimes the worse. When Ajayi was out of the team towards the end of the season Icky came in and did well until his injury cost him his place in the Wembley starting line up.

Can the two right footed young centre halves be risked together in the Championship?

I hope we start the campaign with the nucleus of the league 1 team and see how it goes added to them hopefully will be 4 or 5 signings in the Warne mould and maybe we will be ok,I am assuming we will get Rodak,Towell and Emmanuel back but if not then we have the option of further loans.Just like last season there are reasons to be optomistic and maybe caution is the word before anybody goes around mouthing of about our chances,afterall a good few were left with egg on their faces after Wembley.As for our central defenders lets just see what unfolds.

I think if Woody sorts them out in pre-season they would be alright Championship especially if we have a holding midfielder

I think it was the play offs against Scunny that cost Ihiekwe his Wembley place even though they said he was injured

I felt for Palmer who had to give way for two up front but that’s football
    Last edited by millertop; 08-06-2018 at 07:03 AM.

Im not convinced Icky has the mental strength in the big games (genuinely hope im wrong on that). Id love us to sign a seasoned CB whos legs have not totally gone. A "morgan", "macca" type. But they font grow on trees unfortunately.

Theres no sentiment on football nut seeing the effect wood has on the other players it'd be nice to put him through his coaching badges. Championship clubs have loads of coaches :-)

Forgive typos in post above. Im using my phone to post whilst sat on an exercise bike. Cant see a frigging thing 😕

then 2 be the worst CD pairing in the league

Obviously we would all like Woody to play well in the championship but realistically is he able to cope with the pace of many championship attackers?

If I'm honest Icky struggled to handle L1 play offs and there were parts of his play last season where I could tell he had come from the conference. Again for me not going to be good enough to start regularly.

Therefore as I see it that leaves us with the need to sign one centre back that has experience but as gkotw said he still needs to have a few years left in him.

Ajayi, in my opinion should start next season which I forgot to include in my post, therefore we need to sign one centre back

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    then 2 be the worst CD pairing in the league
    What a ridiculous statement that is

Quote Originally Posted by hotun View Post
    What a ridiculous statement that is
    why is it?

conceded the most goals in the top 6.

both of them are error prone.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast