+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lev Yashin...

Lev Yashin...

...superb article about a real legend. One of the all time Russian greats along with Prince Igor Netto.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/idt-sh/yashin

I,I,I,I,Hodgy is better than Yashin,Currie is better than Eusebio,and(whoever we were playing)are in for a thrashing.

Not TC but the great Mick Jones. Also last line was " And Mallender's dirtier than Rattin".

Quote Originally Posted by mahatmafoot View Post
    Not TC but the great Mick Jones. Also last line was " And Mallender's dirtier than Rattin".
    I thought Currie didn't sound right,but having said that,I never saw Mick Jones play,so we wouldn't have carried on singing his name after he moved to the Dirtbags would we?

Quote Originally Posted by Longshortandtall View Post
    It was adapted to Mick Hill after Jones left.
    Then dint we sing KING TUDOR's better than Eusebio and pigsday(or whoever the oppo's were) are in for a thrashin. UTCB

Let's face it, we're all too old to remember but Hodgy was better than Yashin

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Then dint we sing KING TUDOR's better than Eusebio and pigsday(or whoever the oppo's were) are in for a thrashin. UTCB
    Nope we didn't. Tudor's song was "Tch, Tch, Tch, Tch Tudor score a little goal for me".

Stick to the obituaries.

Well, Chips, I agree with you. I saw almost every home game Hodgy played, and to my mind , he was better than Yashin. Yes, Yashin was brilliant but our Hodgy matched him. Yashin appeared several times on TV in the early fifties (Black and white , 13 ins screen) when Moscow Dynamo were invited to play such as Arsenal in friendlies. He also played in the World Cup from 1958 to 1970, so got a lot of screen time. He played around 350 games in his career whereas Hodgy played , I think, just under 600. So, Hodgy wins out there as well.
    UTB

Quote Originally Posted by mahatmafoot View Post
    Nope we didn't. Tudor's song was "Tch, Tch, Tch, Tch Tudor score a little goal for me".

Stick to the obituaries.
    And ‘We all love ya, we all love ya Tudor is the king.

And to the tune of I’m a Tiger, ‘Jonny Tudor Jonny Tudor, Jonny Tudor Jonny Tudor’. Great lyrics them.

Tudor was one of my idols as I grew up it was only yrs later I found out he actually played for us,Mick jones likewise good job I'm not older I'd have thrown a reyt hissy fit if we'd sold em when I was goin,a bit like I did when we sold TC,sabella,Edwards Deane,ffortoft,Beattie harry .... Brooks !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast