Thread: England

England

They were painful at times to watch - but to be fair they are young and you have to be impressed by some of the performances last night. Loved Rashford's goal, and thought he had a great game apart from a few over indulgences with the ball - which are forgiveable. Thought Rose/Henderson/Delph did well and of course, Harry proved what we all know - that he should be in the first 11.

Don't think the team is ready yet to challenge a World Cup - but if it continues to grow, and has the experience, it will be fascinating to see where we are in 4 years time.

Credit to Gareth Southgate - who has turned things around massively.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    They were painful at times to watch - but to be fair they are young and you have to be impressed by some of the performances last night. Loved Rashford's goal, and thought he had a great game apart from a few over indulgences with the ball - which are forgiveable. Thought Rose/Henderson/Delph did well and of course, Harry proved what we all know - that he should be in the first 11.

Don't think the team is ready yet to challenge a World Cup - but if it continues to grow, and has the experience, it will be fascinating to see where we are in 4 years time.

Credit to Gareth Southgate - who has turned things around massively.
    That Loftus Cheek looks a decent player, needs to have a bit more belief in himself, I do hope that England band fall foul of the authorities, and are sent to Siberia,never to be seen or heard of again.

Rashy looks like one cool dude. Wonder what Marcello would have done when the defender touched the back of his ankles and he just shrugged it off.

Its coming home,
    its coming home,
    its coming,
    the England bus is coming home...

Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    That Loftus Cheek looks a decent player, needs to have a bit more belief in himself, I do hope that England band fall foul of the authorities, and are sent to Siberia,never to be seen or heard of again.
    Agreed BD - let's hope they get lost somewhere in Russia

Costa Ricas goal kicks were enjoyable..................and the commentator says bet he's never had/heard that at the Bernabeu

England U/21's play Mexico in't final of the Toulon Tournament today,i think KO's at 5.30pm on Freesports channel.UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    England U/21's play Mexico in't final of the Toulon Tournament today,i think KO's at 5.30pm on Freesports channel.UTCB
    Won 2-1 England youngsters have done well.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/report?gameId=511611

Quote Originally Posted by Longshortandtall View Post
    Won 2-1 England youngsters have done well.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/report?gameId=511611
    3years on't bounce England have won this mate,last year i believe that kid who some seem to think aint very good or shud be sold, won player of the tournament a kid called BROOKSY,DAVID BROOKS.UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    3years on't bounce England have won this mate,last year i believe that kid who some seem to think aint very good or shud be sold, won player of the tournament a kid called BROOKSY,DAVID BROOKS.UTCB
    turns out he's Welsh tho