Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: England

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    North of London South of Watford
    Posts
    3,229

    England

    They were painful at times to watch - but to be fair they are young and you have to be impressed by some of the performances last night. Loved Rashford's goal, and thought he had a great game apart from a few over indulgences with the ball - which are forgiveable. Thought Rose/Henderson/Delph did well and of course, Harry proved what we all know - that he should be in the first 11.

    Don't think the team is ready yet to challenge a World Cup - but if it continues to grow, and has the experience, it will be fascinating to see where we are in 4 years time.

    Credit to Gareth Southgate - who has turned things around massively.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    24,811
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    They were painful at times to watch - but to be fair they are young and you have to be impressed by some of the performances last night. Loved Rashford's goal, and thought he had a great game apart from a few over indulgences with the ball - which are forgiveable. Thought Rose/Henderson/Delph did well and of course, Harry proved what we all know - that he should be in the first 11.

    Don't think the team is ready yet to challenge a World Cup - but if it continues to grow, and has the experience, it will be fascinating to see where we are in 4 years time.

    Credit to Gareth Southgate - who has turned things around massively.
    That Loftus Cheek looks a decent player, needs to have a bit more belief in himself, I do hope that England band fall foul of the authorities, and are sent to Siberia,never to be seen or heard of again.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3,507
    Rashy looks like one cool dude. Wonder what Marcello would have done when the defender touched the back of his ankles and he just shrugged it off.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    4,430
    Its coming home,
    its coming home,
    its coming,
    the England bus is coming home...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    North of London South of Watford
    Posts
    3,229
    Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    That Loftus Cheek looks a decent player, needs to have a bit more belief in himself, I do hope that England band fall foul of the authorities, and are sent to Siberia,never to be seen or heard of again.
    Agreed BD - let's hope they get lost somewhere in Russia

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    14,939
    Costa Ricas goal kicks were enjoyable..................and the commentator says bet he's never had/heard that at the Bernabeu

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    29,464
    England U/21's play Mexico in't final of the Toulon Tournament today,i think KO's at 5.30pm on Freesports channel.UTCB

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    29,464
    Quote Originally Posted by Longshortandtall View Post
    Won 2-1 England youngsters have done well.

    http://www.espn.co.uk/football/report?gameId=511611
    3years on't bounce England have won this mate,last year i believe that kid who some seem to think aint very good or shud be sold, won player of the tournament a kid called BROOKSY,DAVID BROOKS.UTCB

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    North of London South of Watford
    Posts
    3,229
    Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    3years on't bounce England have won this mate,last year i believe that kid who some seem to think aint very good or shud be sold, won player of the tournament a kid called BROOKSY,DAVID BROOKS.UTCB
    turns out he's Welsh tho

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •