+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Getting a little frustrated

Getting a little frustrated

Given we are to start a little earlier I thought we would be completing our business a little earlier. However, we have yet to sign anyone. I am probably being inpatient but some level of definite would be great.

Never mind, lancaster, everyone is just queuing up to join the Clarets as they do every season -----actually ---no they aren't and players and agents alike will wait and wait to try and get the best deal they possibly can, whether it be with Burnley or Accrington Stanley.
    The transfer is the biggest joke inflicted on football by the power of the media and all it does is make fans like yourself very frustrated.
    I prefer just to chill because there is absolutely nothing that I can do to influence any incomings or outgoings ---que sera sera.

Quote Originally Posted by lancaster100 View Post
    Given we are to start a little earlier I thought we would be completing our business a little earlier. However, we have yet to sign anyone. I am probably being inpatient but some level of definite would be great.
    You've been around the block long enough to know how we operate Lancaster!

SD and Dave Baldwin are having well deserved holidays and the "word" is two deals are done and a third almost completed.

When the two most important negotiators get back from their jollies the deals will be confirmed. Sadly, Mee looks like he is away and that's a great pity in my book.

If Ben wants to go it’s better to let him do so.
    With a TM value of £10m I would hope we get £30m for him, but we might need to accept £20m if clubs aren’t fighting for him.
    Gray was similarly valued at £10m last year with a year left and we took £18m.

Pity our negotiators go on holiday at this time and not late August when their job is done. Maybe it’s an agreed negotiators Fair week ... or month! LOL
    Last edited by oldcolner; 08-06-2018 at 12:20 PM.

It's over two months to the transfer deadline, we rarely, if ever, sign players two months before the deadline. I'd love us to get players in earlier, but it's way, way too early to be looking for the panic button yet.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    It's over two months to the transfer deadline, we rarely, if ever, sign players two months before the deadline. I'd love us to get players in earlier, but it's way, way too early to be looking for the panic button yet.
    Quite true--except this time we are in Europe ans this time our season starts early.

If you want to blood new people into our culture/system you would have thought early is better than late.

Also, when you are scratching to make up numbers late in the piece prices go up--not down.

So I would have hoped a lot of work has been done prior to the last season ending.

If not there will be tears.

Quote Originally Posted by blueheeler1 View Post
    Quite true--except this time we are in Europe ans this time our season starts early.

If you want to blood new people into our culture/system you would have thought early is better than late.

Also, when you are scratching to make up numbers late in the piece prices go up--not down.

So I would have hoped a lot of work has been done prior to the last season ending.

If not there will be tears.
    Every season we sign players right up to the deadline and long after the season has begun. Sean has said that's the way we have to operate because of our finances, he calls it being re-active as opposed to pro-active. We are better off financially now,so maybe we can be more pro-active and get players in earlier, but it's far too early yet to judge whether that will be the case.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)