+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mid season break . . .

Its all designed for the Premiership Prema Donna's to have a rest and put their Tootsies up after a hard half a season, we already play a fair few midweek games and if some games are called off in December and January because of inclement weather they will just compound the fixture list too. Crazy decision all based on the Rich becoming Richer, the clown who compiles the lower division fixture lists will have a field day now with clubs travelling ridiculous distances in the the winter months to play midweek matches.

Shame on the F.A. and F.L.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridg4d_Pie_ View Post
    Its all designed for the Premiership Prema Donna's to have a rest and put their Tootsies up after a hard half a season, we already play a fair few midweek games and if some games are called off in December and January because of inclement weather they will just compound the fixture list too. Crazy decision all based on the Rich becoming Richer, the clown who compiles the lower division fixture lists will have a field day now with clubs travelling ridiculous distances in the the winter months to play midweek matches.

Shame on the F.A. and F.L.
    It doesn't apply to the EFL?

Quote Originally Posted by Airborn Pie View Post
    Same amount of games to be played in PL , now in less weeks.......I hear the term fixture congestion in the near future
    First sign of any Prem team going off for Warm Weather Training (Lucrative sponsor driven commercially beneficial friendlies)
    Flights to far off places of the world, beyond Eurpoe, where they moan about travel midweek.

The Football authorities should come down on them with a massive hammer....of course they wont, they will keep throwing money at them, and stopping proper football teams from existing.

This is nothing more than pandering to the top teams wantin everything there own way, screwing over football fans who enjoy the festive period of football. Bull crap is it tiredness or bad weather. Players have coped for 150 years playing in December, and pitches in Prem must have undersoil heating!

Large pile of shizzle.

Prem bully boys getting their own way AGAIN. FUNK OfF SCUDAMORE, GOOD RIDDANCE, YOU'VE MADE YOURSELF A RICH MAN AND SINGLE HANDEDLY STARTED THE END OF THE GAME WE LOVE.

I suggest you listen to S.S.N. that is not their take on it at Lunchtime.

What's the point?

If we were guaranteed some really bad weather as in parts of Europe then yes but why else, our weather isn't bad enough to warrant it.

The parts of Europe where they do it, it's because they can and do, get weather that is below -20c.
    Spain get horrific weather.

It is a joke. Wait until Man Utd drag there squad to China for a game.
    Maybe I should go to work on Monday and ask our CEO to consider a break for all staff because we all work 38 hours a week. Complete shambles. I enjoy watching the premier league but the politics and money behind it is a disgrace.

Seems a bit pointless really. The break is for 2 weeks so given the fact that some weeks there is 7 days between matches they are only having a week off

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMagpie View Post
    Seems a bit pointless really. The break is for 2 weeks so given the fact that some weeks there is 7 days between matches they are only having a week off

As I said before, the Prem and Champ gets suspended during international weeks anyway so what's going to be the difference?

They can have a winter break but it's the quality of players that matters not their tiredness. The England squad has played less games this season than the Spanish, French and Brazilian squads but they'll probably all still go further. It's a myth the lack of a winter break makes us lose, it's our ability that makes us lose.

Edit - Although I am quietly optimistic of at least a quarter final this time round.
    Last edited by crazyfists; 08-06-2018 at 06:44 PM. Reason: addition

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Apparently to help with the national team and international competitions, so yeah, like you said, no point whatsoever!
    Yeah, so we'll be looking for a notable improvement in the competitiveness of the national team from now on. I bet that particular narrative goes quiet very quickly now they've got what they want!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123