+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Members list?

Members list?

Just had a nosy on this (didn’t realise it was there) there is loads that I’ve not seen post on here,there is some still there that use to post on here.

Why do new members join but don’t post?

I think that possibly 3 out of every 10 new members are reluctant to post for fear of being called multis. The other 7 ARE multis.

Could be the foul language certain people use or flashes of violence a certain person uses. Then there’s a lot of unnecessary negativity that can turn away people

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    Could be the foul language certain people use or flashes of violence a certain person uses. Then there’s a lot of unnecessary negativity that can turn away people
    Foul language etc. Sorry Silly but I heard more of that during the 90 minutes of the one match I attended at NYS this season than I have seen in 22 years on Millers online chat forums.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Foul language etc. Sorry Silly but I heard more of that during the 90 minutes of the one match I attended at NYS this season than I have seen in 22 years on Millers online chat forums.
    I don’t mind swearing CAM it’s just when people aim swearing at people it goes from harmless fun to making things personal. Iv never seen you or frog aim insults at anyone no matter how much K got on your nerves and I confess certain posts he put tested my limits too but it makes me feel a bit uneasy when people post insults and swearing at him, K knows full well the reply’s he will get yet he does it why? Is it because he’s a mod on banter or another forum page? I Donno

Difference between forums and games cam other than games cost money and you watch men kick a ball about lol is parents have a choice to take kids to a game they don’t have a choice on what sites the kids look at (they can block sites but let’s face it there’s that many)

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    I don’t mind swearing CAM it’s just when people aim swearing at people it goes from harmless fun to making things personal. Iv never seen you or frog aim insults at anyone no matter how much K got on your nerves and I confess certain posts he put tested my limits too but it makes me feel a bit uneasy when people post insults and swearing at him, K knows full well the reply’s he will get yet he does it why? Is it because he’s a mod on banter or another forum page? I Donno

Difference between forums and games cam other than games cost money and you watch men kick a ball about lol is parents have a choice to take kids to a game they don’t have a choice on what sites the kids look at (they can block sites but let’s face it there’s that many)
    In this day and age any parent who doesn't monitor the sites their kids look at is totally irresponsible.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    In this day and age any parent who doesn't monitor the sites their kids look at is totally irresponsible.
    Have you tried monitoring what a kids doing on internet, I had same opinion as you mate until my uncle challenged me to keep a eye on my cousin. Btw my cousin was a pest. He found it funny to run off with tablet upstairs and started looking up inappropriate words, you think that’s bad no it gets worse my uncle said he wanted to know why women have boobs but my uncle wouldn’t tell him so he looked it up and well he got more that an explanation put it that way.

Also if parents do see what people write on forum and don’t think it’s safe they won’t let them back on will they.

(Just using this as an example) But would you call someone a fing half wit in real life? I wouldn’t so why type it?

Only time directed bad language is ok in my opinion is at a game or when driving.

Guess I just picked up some weird morals from my nan

So your gran swore at matches and when she was driving?
    On a serious note, if a child of mine behaved like your cousin he wouldn't be getting access to a tablet any time soon. It is poor parenting to allow a child to do something simply because it is not easy to prevent it.
    Guess I just picked up this weird sense of responsibility from my parents.

<<<<< is not a multi

Just realised that member list is for all of FootyMad unless you found a way of filtering it? At its peak I'd say we had 50-100 regular (individual) contributors and today we are at 30-50 so not too bad considering the growth in use of the social media platforms. If winder-uppers won't stop winding up then the wound-upped need to learn to ignore. Frog and me aren't qualified as kinder garden teachers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast