+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Standard Of League One

The Standard Of League One

Watched the Charlton v Shrewsbury game the other night and just watching Scunnie v Rotherham at the moment .

Look without wanting to play the billy b@llax card and simply saying how I see it we really should be looking at a top two finish and a playoff spot as a minimum next season .

It's a million mile from the championship , there is absolutely no hiding place for the club should we not get promoted next season .

I'll second that

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Watched the Charlton v Shrewsbury game the other night and just watching Scunnie v Rotherham at the moment .

Look without wanting to play the billy b@llax card and simply saying how I see it we really should be looking at a top two finish and a playoff spot as a minimum next season .

It's a million mile from the championship , there is absolutely no hiding place for the club should we not get promoted next season .

We have LG 1 players though and not championship quality. We conceded LG 1 esque goals all this season by shyte defending. Tha knows how it is in that division, if tha not up for it tha'll get slapped. Sin it befooar. Set us sights high by all means but the reality is that if we turn up expecting to pyss it we're in forra rude awakening. Top 2? Personally I don't think so at this present moment in time. If we appoint a decent HC and get some battle hardened experience in then my opinion may change

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    We have LG 1 players though and not championship quality. We conceded LG 1 esque goals all this season by shyte defending. Tha knows how it is in that division, if tha not up for it tha'll get slapped. Sin it befooar. Set us sights high by all means but the reality is that if we turn up expecting to pyss it we're in forra rude awakening. Top 2? Personally I don't think so at this present moment in time. If we appoint a decent HC and get some battle hardened experience in then my opinion may change
    Just watched them two bags of w ank this afternoon mate.

We aren't in dire straights. That Rotherham centre half had two left feet n' never kicked a ball in his life.

Granted we were muck darn but we aren't that sh1te.

I'm wi Animal n' his new found optimism

LG 1 is all about attitude, always has bin. I wonder about ours, especially if we're offloading any experience we've got. I watched the games too and agree it's unimpressive to say it's the cream of the top 6.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    LG 1 is all about attitude, always has bin. I wonder about ours, especially if we're offloading any experience we've got. I watched the games too and agree it's unimpressive to say it's the cream of the top 6.
    Bang on, attitude, if with what we have left, plus some intelligent signings, theres enough fighters and scrappers and a goalscorer. We should do well, make no mistake tho cos this is the hard work league. So 1 thing above all else. They got want to play for the shirt. Ad put that above actual quality to start with, if the attitude isnt right, were rodgered a can tell ya's.

About the quality of lg1. I didnt see any lg1 games this year. I can tell you that i went to few championship games last season against some really poor teams they got the breaks we dint.we lost to some rubbish sides this last season so lets not kid ourselves we should go straight up. Its not a given.

If we bring in the Assistant Coach from FC Caen and a drawer full of continental seconds we are not likely to be coming straight back up. I hope we are not waiting until the French season finishes a week tomorrow.

Wigan, Blackburn & Rotherham went down last season and finished 1, 2 & 4 this season.
    No big money spent that I can think of, In fact I think Blackburn had a bit of a clearout.
    The likes of Bradshaw might not be Champioship standard but he certainly knew how to score in League 1.
    Mallan, Moncur, Isgrove etc (with the right attitude) should be able to control midfield much the same as Morsey, Jacobs & Powell have done for Wigan this season.

Agree guys that we need the right attitude and willingness to graft and earn the right to play our football .

It goes without saying that the new man recruits the right players this summer although we aren't talking about a major rebuild as we were last season , I'd suggest 4 astute signings .

The Pinnock's , Lindsay's , Moore , Isgrove , Walton , McCarthy , Pearson , Jackson , Mallan , Hedges , Bradshaw !!! , Potts should provide a good nucleus to build on .

Get the right man in with a major say on recruitment and by august we should be good to go .

Thats the thing tho Animal they want to go down the HC road rather than a fully hands on manager, and as its evident that they don't know enough about football, i think that's a mistake. I think a manager who comes in, calls shots with regard to signings etc is exactly what we need. Strong character experienced basically Macca int it?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast