+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lawlessness under this goverment

I blame the crook mendes for this.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    Don't really know why people are surprised. Soulman is right;

Per capita staffing changes 2010-2016
    Total NHS Staff -4.1%
    Total Frontline Police -17%
    Total Frontline Prison officers -27.9%
    Total Firefighters -21.5%
    Total Armed Forces -24.2%

Its all hypothetical, but could more have been saved from Grenfell had the firefighters had the right kit? Would less people have been stabbed in London this year if we had more frontline police officers? How many people are suffering because of the crippling cuts to the NHS?

This government are as bad as it gets. And I'm not advocating a vote for Labour, because I won't vote for them because of their Brexit position. But people in this country are manipulated and lied to by the press. Most people dismiss Corbyn, because they've read some absolute lying garbage in the Daily Mail.

Its the main reason why Brexit happened, because RW media who have alternative agendas are writing misleading and lying stories and using nationalist propaganda to support it. People who voted remain are being labelled as traitors...seriously WTF?? Am I traitor because I want our country to be better off?

Murdoch, Dacre, Rothermere, Farage, May, Johnson, Gove etc..Will have a lot to answer for to the next generation.

"A nation of sheep is being governed by wolves"

Never a truer statement made....
    The “next generation” can vote to go back in when my lid has been nailed down.

I don’t know where you live but last year I moved out of the area I’d lived in since 1967 because loads of Romanians had been dumped there and the place has become a hell hole.

Go online and read last weeks Stourbridge News e-edition if you don’t believe me.

I’m happy to trade with Europe and to visit there and for them to visit us but I voted out because immigration has mullered my locality and I’m sick of it.

If Blair,Brown or Cameron and those idiots in Europe had agreed limitations on incoming migrants I’d have voted remain but they were too weak and Europe were so arrogant they thought we’d never vote out.

Immigration will have to stop or be limited at some time,we’re an island.....where do you propose putting everyone as the years go by?

At nett migration of 250,000 that’s another 25 million people plus all their offspring in the next 100 years so that probably multiples that up to another 200 million over 3/4 generations.

We are an island,we can’t do this forever.....at some point a government will have to say no more.

I always pose this question because the media and politicians never mention this.

So give me an idea of which year or decade it’ll be okay with you to stop free movement?

This is the first problem, Farage and co have fed the country so many lies that many believe the 'uncontrolled immigration' tag.

Did you know that if I intended to work in a European country, I would have to prove I could support myself financially so I was no burden on the state. This is written in EU law. The EU actually have a law to say that an EU national can be deported from the UK if they cannot prove they are able to support themselves, so they are not a burden on the state.

It is a fact that EU migrants net contribute to our society in taxation.

And I've lived in a few places around the UK and I've worked and lived alongside a lot of Europeans. I've found them to be only hard working and friendly.

Can't work out what you are proposing. Are you suggesting we should stop immigration all together? What about the brilliant minds, artists, sportsmen, musicians who are not British who can add to our society? What about the fruit pickers, nurses, binmen and other industries that cannot cope without an EU workforce. How about the 10% of NHS staff which is made up of EU migrants, yet they make up only 5% of our population. They literally help keep the NHS going...

Also your figures are out. About 220,000 emigrate here annually and about 130,000 leave. So net migration is actually about 90,000. You see, most EU workers don't often stay here. They come here because the UK is a great place to live and work. But many return back home after enriching their own lives, all the time whilst paying into our pot...And the treatment some of them have had after Brexit makes me ashamed.

It also means that the next generation in your family won't have the same opportunity to do that in 27 other countries after Brexit...

This is the first problem, Farage and co have fed the country so many lies that many believe the 'uncontrolled immigration' tag.

Did you know that if I intended to work in a European country, I would have to prove I could support myself financially so I was no burden on the state. This is written in EU law. The EU actually have a law to say that an EU national can be deported from the UK if they cannot prove they are able to support themselves, so they are not a burden on the state.

And I've lived in a few places around the UK and I've worked and lived alongside a lot of Europeans. I've found them to be only hard working and friendly.

Can't work out what you are proposing. Are you suggesting we should stop immigration all together? What about the brilliant minds, artists, sportsmen, musicians who are not British who can add to our society? What about the fruit pickers, nurses, binmen and other industries that cannot cope without an EU workforce. How about the 10% of NHS staff which is made up of EU migrants, yet they make up only 5% of our population. They literally help keep the NHS going...

Also your figures are out. About 220,000 emigrate here annually and about 130,000 leave. So net migration is actually about 90,000. You see, most EU workers don't often stay here. They come here because the UK is a great place to live and work. But many return back home after enriching their own lives, all the time whilst paying into our pot...And the treatment some of them have had after Brexit makes me ashamed.

It also means that the next generation in your family won't have the same opportunity to do that in 27 other countries after Brexit...

Call it 90-100,000 a year nett if you like,eventually the island is full so do you accept that one day in the future 100-200 years from now whatever flavour of government is it will have no choice other than to stop or limit immigration,you can’t fit a quart in a pint pot?

You don’t mention where you live....how is your life impacted by immigration.

We have a huge number of Romanians locally begging,stealing and causing mayhem.

***ual attacks on local women have increased greatly as has street crime and robbery,if you read the paper I told you to look at local people are scared to go out due to the regular gang fights in the Main Street in Lye and anybody going to a cashpoint needs a minder!

A local flat was raided by police,I think th number of inhabitants was 42,I may be a few out either way......people trafficking,slave labour and supply of prostitutes into my area.

This influx are not doctors,nurses,scientists or anything else useful.

Anybody not having to suffer these sorts of sudden imbalances based on nothing other than the notion that we’re racists if we don’t accept any European needs to remove their head from their rear.

I’m off to Australia in January,if I like it I may think about moving there......I won’t be going unless THEY decide im fit for purpose.

That should be the criteria for anyone in Europe as well.

By the way,I have no problem with taking our share of people from war torn countries etc but the European system is not good for this country.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Call it 90-100,000 a year nett if you like,eventually the island is full so do you accept that one day in the future 100-200 years from now whatever flavour of government is it will have no choice other than to stop or limit immigration,you can’t fit a quart in a pint pot?

You don’t mention where you live....how is your life impacted by immigration.

We have a huge number of Romanians locally begging,stealing and causing mayhem.

***ual attacks on local women have increased greatly as has street crime and robbery,if you read the paper I told you to look at local people are scared to go out due to the regular gang fights in the Main Street in Lye and anybody going to a cashpoint needs a minder!

A local flat was raided by police,I think th number of inhabitants was 42,I may be a few out either way......people trafficking,slave labour and supply of prostitutes into my area.

This influx are not doctors,nurses,scientists or anything else useful.

Anybody not having to suffer these sorts of sudden imbalances based on nothing other than the notion that we’re racists if we don’t accept any European needs to remove their head from their rear.

I’m off to Australia in January,if I like it I may think about moving there......I won’t be going unless THEY decide im fit for purpose.

That should be the criteria for anyone in Europe as well.

By the way,I have no problem with taking our share of people from war torn countries etc but the European system is not good for this country.
    Name:  IMG_0876.jpg
Views: 681
Size:  61.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by The Minn Junta View Post
    Name:  IMG_0876.jpg
Views: 681
Size:  61.6 KB
    If I remember right Minn you’re from half a mile to one side of Lye Cross and I’ve spent most of my life half a mile the other side.

You know better than most what this Romanian scum have done to this patch in the last couple of years.

There’s been all sorts of trouble with the Romanians and Asians clashing,there’s open warfare between them in the area,the Asians have been in the patch for 35 years now and not been a massive problem but these few hundred Romanians have caused havoc.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    If I remember right Minn you’re from half a mile to one side of Lye Cross and I’ve spent most of my life half a mile the other side.

You know better than most what this Romanian scum have done to this patch in the last couple of years.

There’s been all sorts of trouble with the Romanians and Asians clashing,there’s open warfare between them in the area,the Asians have been in the patch for 35 years now and not been a massive problem but these few hundred Romanians have caused havoc.
    That's right Mick, we moved into the area in 1981, the Lye has always been quite a busy little high street as I'm sure you know as it's the main drag from Halesowen to Stourbridge.

I went school in the area, worked at a local Engineering company and played for the Shovel, my doctor was up the Lye, had my car repaired at Jackson Street, bought clobber off Freddy Smith so I think it's fair to say I know a bit about the place. Lye high street is virtually no go nowadays (particularly on an evening) for the very reasons you explained. Only recently my mother who's now in her mid seventies was driving down the high street and Eastern Europeans and Asians were running a mock from one side of the road to the other literally a couple of feet in front of her. It frightened the life out of her as she had to stand on the brakes, not to mention felt extremely intimidated. All of this took place beneath the monument of a WW1 soldier on our war memorial for the brave men of Lye who gave up their lives for the town and country they were no doubt proud to come from. She's regularly gone to the many curry houses up there on a night out with her friend down the years, starting way back at Mr.Daves if you remember?

She's adamant now she'll never go up there ever again.

I had to attend a wake last year at Quarry Bank Cons club, it's been donkeys years since I've been in there. Whether your from the Lye, Brierley Hill or wherever, I can tell you now you've always been as safe as houses in Quarry Bank. The barman was telling me how bad its got in the high street as Romanians from Lye are coming into Quarry Bank on a night time and targeting locals, he told me about muggings and beatings, he said it's no go on an evening, especially if they're about. That was his account on things anyway, needless to say I was pretty shocked.

Did you hear the story of the white English lady who wanted to open a shop up Lye high street and was rounded on and threatened by a group of Asian men who threatened her to drop the idea or else?

It all gone to 5h1t mate, brilliant minds, sportsmen, musicians my arse, stick your stats WBA 123, try opening your eyes instead.

And what country are we in? Should every vote be cried about for those who don't get their way - didums! Don't like Trump, but he would say to the EU and that fat cow in Germany - " you not gonna get one cent so swivel"

Irish border who gives a flying feck! You will get some tosser like McClean who will fart at every passing British truck, until he's give a huge bundle of notes with the Queens head on it!

Welcome to anyone who pays taxes and can financial support themselves for at least three years! Cause any crime, and passports should be revoked. It's not rocket science.

Quote Originally Posted by The Minn Junta View Post
    That's right Mick, we moved into the area in 1981, the Lye has always been quite a busy little high street as I'm sure you know as it's the main drag from Halesowen to Stourbridge.

I went school in the area, worked at a local Engineering company and played for the Shovel, my doctor was up the Lye, had my car repaired at Jackson Street, bought clobber off Freddy Smith so I think it's fair to say I know a bit about the place. Lye high street is virtually no go nowadays (particularly on an evening) for the very reasons you explained. Only recently my mother who's now in her mid seventies was driving down the high street and Eastern Europeans and Asians were running a mock from one side of the road to the other literally a couple of feet in front of her. It frightened the life out of her as she had to stand on the brakes, not to mention felt extremely intimidated. All of this took place beneath the monument of a WW1 soldier on our war memorial for the brave men of Lye who gave up their lives for the town and country they were no doubt proud to come from. She's regularly gone to the many curry houses up there on a night out with her friend down the years, starting way back at Mr.Daves if you remember?

She's adamant now she'll never go up there ever again.

I had to attend a wake last year at Quarry Bank Cons club, it's been donkeys years since I've been in there. Whether your from the Lye, Brierley Hill or wherever, I can tell you now you've always been as safe as houses in Quarry Bank. The barman was telling me how bad its got in the high street as Romanians from Lye are coming into Quarry Bank on a night time and targeting locals, he told me about muggings and beatings, he said it's no go on an evening, especially if they're about. That was his account on things anyway, needless to say I was pretty shocked.

Did you hear the story of the white English lady who wanted to open a shop up Lye high street and was rounded on and threatened by a group of Asian men who threatened her to drop the idea or else?

It all gone to 5h1t mate, brilliant minds, sportsmen, musicians my arse, stick your stats WBA 123, try opening your eyes instead.

That's a brilliant post Minn…….every bit of it reflects what i know and feel of the area.

I went to school 1/4 of a mile from Lye,a lot of my mates and my brother's mates were Lye lads.

One of his good mates was Keith Dubberley who's dad ran the Station pub for donkeys years,rough diamonds the Lye lot always were but salt of the earth many of them.

I'm not a fan of curry but you'll be aware that Lye had become "Balti Central" over the last 15 years,our Asian locals had thriving businesses and it was like a summers night in Blackpool most evenings with crowds of people and families travelling to sample highly regarded local cuisine……….apparently the a r s e has dropped out of that market in the last two years because it's become a "no go" area not only at night but during the day.

I know of recent cases of white women being ***ually assaulted by these Eastern Europeans in the last couple of years,we never had this sort of trouble with the large Asian community.

I was a frozen food rep for years and used to call on a lot of local Indian shopkeepers when i worked for Ashfords Frozen Food in Wollaston from 84-91….people like Mr Matharu up on Crosswalks ( still there! ) and Dass on Drew Rd in Pedmore….hard working families doing long hours,not like these street thieving scum that got dumped in Lye.

The men are sending out their women and small children to beg in Lye and Stourbridge…..and when i say beg i mean in a really aggressive manner.

My good mate who no longer posts on here ( BrockmoorBaggie ) moved to Lye in 2016,he loves the place ( or did ) and he watches Lye Town FC as well as Stourbridge FC with me,big lad is Neil,can handle himself but last autumn he was attacked in broad daylight whilst popping into Lye for a quick shop,bashed from behind by three of these Eastern European lot.

Another mate owns a local newsagent…..he's been held up twice in the last year,on the last occasion he kicked the bloke in the nuts rather than hand over his cash from the till.

I have a cousin in the North East who works at a university,she's been there since she left school,she can't understand me at all,i'm a horrible bloke……she has all races and creeds at her university…..wonderful people.

She lives in a lovely village up there……..i asked her how close her nearest "ethnic" neighbour was…….her dad laughed out loud and said…."oh we don't have them up here bonny lad".

I made the point to her that the "lovely people at the uni" are the sort of people we DO want in the country because they want to work and aspire but what we don't want is lowlife and scum…………she wouldn't answer me when i asked how she'd feel if hundreds of these people were parachuted into her village and her daughter was being hassled by them or being threatened.

My mum is a bit older than your's Minn…she's 80 this year and only lives a mile from the epi centre of this,my daughters and two grandchildren are around a mile from Lye,it's a constant worry.

All i'd say to you 123 ( because i'm not looking for a fight over this ) is that a lot of us have fears based on what we're living.

I don't know where you live,you don't seem keen to let us know that but please don't judge those who are having to deal with the destruction of a way of life they've known for decades up until recently.

Where to start...
    Originally from Rowley Regis. Moved away from there nearly 15 years ago and now I have a place in London and an apartment in Birmingham City Centre and I divide my time between the two. I still have family and friends where I grew up and go back to see them regularly, never heard of any issues with Europeans. I work and live alongside Europeans right now, never had an issue. I don't know Lye, so I can't comment on it, but I have friends in Halesowen and Stourbridge and they've never mentioned anything to me.

In terms of the problems you describe. An EU population growth of 100k per year over 100 years is a pop growth of 10 million. Would I accept that if our economy was stable and continued to grow...I would answer yes to that. Population growth is not just a UK problem, its a global issue.

Out of 100,000 people coming into the UK. There will be rotten apples, its a given. Just like what we had with the commonwealth influx a few decades ago. But you seem to be directing your anger towards the EU for it, why? The EU has a written law that penniless beggars (burden on the state) or criminals that are EU nationals can be deported. Why aren't you angry with the police or UK Govt for not enforcing this?

The reason I want to remain is the economical benefits. If you look at respected economist forecasts such as the IFS, the CBI or even the Govt's very own Brexit impact report - they make for seriously grave reading. The Governor of the BoE has advised every household is £900 per year down since the referendum and we haven't even left yet. The 2nd worst affected area of the UK (According to the Govt's Brexit dept) will be the West Midlands. The economic damage we are doing to ourselves is enormous, it is actually scary. I speak to many businesses through my line of work, nationally and internationally. Many have held off making key investment decisions in the UK until the uncertainty of Brexit is cleared up. We are putting up trading barriers with our largest trading partner and the largest trading bloc in the world. And why? Because people have been fed lies and misleading reports.

Any rational argument for remaining is being discredited by slogans and soundbites with absolutely no substance behind it. "Project Fear" "Unelected Beaurocrats" "Leave means Leave" "Will of the People".
    All created by the Daily Mail and The Sun...what do these sayings actually mean. Want real answers, check out the leaked report from the Govt's Brexit impact report. A body which assumes we will make the FTA's that we intend to without any issue.

I don't think leave voters are thick or racist, half of my family and friends voted to leave. I just can't work out one single benefit of leaving the EU. Not one...

But there are quite a few things you've both stated I can't get my head around...here's a couple of them..

Minn...
    "Did you hear the story of the white English lady who wanted to open a shop up Lye high street and was rounded on and threatened by a group of Asian men who threatened her to drop the idea or else?"
    What does this have to do with leaving the EU? How many Asian people do you know that are from predominantly EU countries?

Mickd
    "Irish border who gives a flying feck!"
    The Irish border issue is a real problem, we've had peace since the GFA of the mid 90's...why risk peace?

Anyway, I like to debate and not argue so I'm with you on that one Mickd. We both want the same thing, which is a safe, prosperous country to work and live in and to bring our kids up in. Just how we go about it is where we differ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)