+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gonna ask you all a question

Based on last season NO NO NO
    But as Logie says maybe Martin knows something we don't. Something that makes him believe the guy can do it with new players? As fans GB we don't see the whole picture.
    BUT if he can't forge a style pre season and the rubbish continued through the first 8 games, in the wheelie at that point thank you. So maybe start the new manager search about now 😅

It's also possible that the contract terms were p hucked up and that we needed money to sever close season, and maybe MM is putting a brave face on this because he knows we're skint and can't pay him off even if we wanted to

would have been a no about a month ago. he was brought in to achieve promotion and he got us nowhere near it, finishing behind livi was pretty poor considering the position we were when he took over. his January signings (whether they were his or Taylors) were poor and hardly made any impact on the team for the rest of the season.

but now im willing to give him the chance esp after hearing rumors of players not giving a F. so a chance for him to build his own team which so far looks decent. MM is right in the interview- we've got nowhere by chopping and changing managers so maybe this is the sort of thing we need to build something. Alot of the off the field stuff seem to be improving so hopefully this happens on the park aswell.

CL does however need to hit the ground running next season. no mucking about, no drama! just win games preferably winning well with good entertainment. willing to back him to build his own team but a few bad results at the start of next season then we are in trouble.

Yes and I'd provide the funds to bring in his own first team coaches. Even if that meant moving the current first team coaches on.

Huge no from me!!!!

Right at the end of the season, i think only 2 people on here were saying give shabba the chance. I was squarely in the get him oot box as there were things i saw in the playoffs that were indefensible!

With all the rumours that have been flying about, if i were putting my money anywhere near the club, i would be looking for the word from those who were right at the heart of whatever was going on, well before i spoke to Shabba and MM.

With the emotion removed, Shabbas contract may lead me to say, yes i have to stick with him.

Yes.
    If the rumours and gossip are true then Csaba needs a chance to prove that he can get his team promoted rather than what was given to him.

From 5 or 6 games towards the end of last season I was defo in the no camp. Now though, I’ve bought the new season tickets and am prepared to give him another go. The close season always brings back to me how much I love United, whomever the manager is, and whoever the players are . S’in the blood

no

I am sorry to say that a decent number of Arab lottery winner's have blew a fortune by not biting the bullet and paying off Shabba and appointing a manager,only my opinion of course.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)