+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's your earliest world cup memory..

the famous 66

us winning against germany. magic

may have watched 62 and 58 but nothing about them stands out
    Last edited by toonlegend; 09-06-2018 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    The ticker tape in the Argentina '78 games.

Was like a blizzard.
    This for me also. Kempeeeeeeess!!!!!

There are stand out things at every World Cup that stick in the memory good and bad
    Roberto Carlos bendy free kick v France
    Marradonna hand of god and his brilliant individual second goal
    Gary Linekar sh iting himself
    Terry Butchers bloody headband
    Southgates penalty miss
    Lampards 3ft over the line disallowed goal
    Vuvzalas
    And the year they had the balls that went anywhere when struck hard

Can’t wait for this years W/C

98 because we were in France on holiday.

Amazing atmosphere everywhere you went.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    The ticker tape in the Argentina '78 games.

Was like a blizzard.
    Gemmils dribble through the Dutch defence

Quote Originally Posted by AP69 View Post
    Gemmils dribble through the Dutch defence
    This for me too. Beat two players and curled it into the corner - great goal. Typical Scotland, beat that year´s finalists 3-2 but still wasn´t enough to get through the group stage after a disastrous first two games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyJTBrbPIHQ

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    This for me too. Beat two players and curled it into the corner - great goal. Typical Scotland, beat that year´s finalists 3-2 but still wasn´t enough to get through the group stage after a disastrous first two games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyJTBrbPIHQ
    The commentators actually sound like they are 1000's of miles away

Always remember Brazil v Italy in 1982 Socrates, Rossi hat trick absolute spectacle of a match.

Nobby Stiles minus his false teeth, 1966 !

Ganning to the Mortimer (a working mans club in Ashington) wi me fatha..It was 1967 but they had a cine reel of the 66 final,probably my first memory of the beautiful game at all.
    If the Charltons weren't from Ashington I probably wouldn't have had that memory at all.
    Talking wi me Dad years later he explained that neebody up there was really bothered about the whole palava,now this I found interesting..These were the fellas that went to St James one week and Roker the next,I just can't understand it but I feel that way now as well and have done since probably Sir Bobby's time..
    To me supporting the whole England set up/team is like supporting London/Sky sports news United,this was pointed out a few times last week on Sky,pointing out that Kyle Walker ACTUALLY comes from Yorkshire (how very dare he).On a plus side they never mentioned Jordan Pickford.. They probably think he qualified for selection cos his great grandfather was from Hackney..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)