Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 32 of 32

Thread: Matchday Programme?

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Why do you think Notts and years require apostrophes?
    Devil's Advocate here but perhaps he's a greengrocer?

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Why do you think Notts and years require apostrophes?
    And he's back in the room, the Mr sidn15 we all know and L, Lo, L, no I can't do it, let's just say tolerate.

    P.S. I used upper case L to avoid confusion with upper case i.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Devil's Advocate here but perhaps he's a greengrocer?

    Surely, if he's a greengrocer, you'd be playing 'Devil's Avocado'?


    Here:


    https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...tchday-1663504

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Surely, if he's a greengrocer, you'd be playing 'Devil's Avocado'?


    Here:


    https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...tchday-1663504
    Good news. Let's hope the reduction in size refers to the page count rather than the page size.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeekay56 View Post
    And he's back in the room, the Mr sidn15 we all know and L, Lo, L, no I can't do it, let's just say tolerate.

    P.S. I used upper case L to avoid confusion with upper case i.
    I asked a question in case he had a reason.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Surely, if he's a greengrocer, you'd be playing 'Devil's Avocado'?
    Brilliant

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    I used to love the landscape A5 programme from the late 70ís. Waiting behind the main stand for autographs, didnít care if I had the same ones several times either as used to get the away team autographs as well for each programme.

    Mum accidentally chucked them all during a house move, still not over that!
    That programme was an oddity - don't remember many like that at other clubs. When I started going to games in the 70s, we had the newspaper (Magpie), which you could buy in the newsagent prior to the game. I'm guessing that only lasted for one or two seasons?

    One available here for nine quid!
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MAGPIE-NE...-/320765885233

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    That programme was an oddity - don't remember many like that at other clubs. When I started going to games in the 70s, we had the newspaper (Magpie), which you could buy in the newsagent prior to the game. I'm guessing that only lasted for one or two seasons?

    One available here for nine quid!
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MAGPIE-NE...-/320765885233
    I just about remember that, have some old programs that were very similar. Good to hear AH thinking of keeping the match day program albeit somewhat watered down.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Airborn Pie View Post
    I gave about 5000 away a couple of years ago including a few cup final programmes and a few signed by some big names, e.g Beeckenbauer, Uwe Seeler and George best.

    Passed my Booby Moore signed prog to my daughter.
    In my experience, Bobby Moore autographs fetch a very good price. He once signed 9 nine times each for me and a friend and 8 of them went on ebay to fund a family holiday in Gran Canaria. The last one is framed on my living room wall. The only downside is that I had to watch Forest play Fulham in the FA Cup to get them.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    The only downside is that I had to watch Forest play Fulham in the FA Cup to get them.
    You'd need a holiday after that! Just the four weeks was it?

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    The only downside is that I had to watch Forest play Fulham in the FA Cup to get them.
    Was it a good game or did Forest win?

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    I just about remember that, have some old programs that were very similar. Good to hear AH thinking of keeping the match day program albeit somewhat watered down.
    Good news and when and where did he say this?

    Edit I have just seen the article in the Nottingham post.
    Last edited by BudBundy; 13-06-2018 at 08:08 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •