+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghost - Leicester Conspiracy

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    Quite possible.

Of course you won't recall games being controversial. I wouldn't expect any or many to do that either...including myself...until you can see anything that does not seem to add up...and if you can't then I'm with you...you'll simply accept what happened as being 100% genuine...and fair enough.

I can't say that is was untoward in terms of proof.
    All I can do it add up the coincidences and basically come to my own conclusion of what my gut feeling is by the circumstantial evidence that is relevant to myself.

I'm in no way asking anyone to play the guilty or not guilty. I'm asking people to see if they find anything odd or beyond coincidence with stuff...if not then it's a topic for those who maybe want to delve or make a case for either way.
    And that is only fair Ghost. I'm saying that if it's not possible to produce evidence then it's hard to believe a claim, generally speaking. I'm sure you could find a lot of stuff that seems odd with every team that's circumstantial, but if the games are competed with the usual desire to win and the contrary is not evident, then I'm not buying the idea that something doesn't add up. I remember their game against Man Utd where they could seal the title, I think it ended in a 1-1 draw. It was one of those games where Man Utd could've beaten them with 4-5 goals, but just didn't. You could say it's odd that Leicester managed to get a point, but you could also say that those games happen all the time in football.

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    And that is only fair Ghost. I'm saying that if it's not possible to produce evidence then it's hard to believe a claim, generally speaking. I'm sure you could find a lot of stuff that seems odd with every team that's circumstantial, but if the games are competed with the usual desire to win and the contrary is not evident, then I'm not buying the idea that something doesn't add up. I remember their game against Man Utd where they could seal the title, I think it ended in a 1-1 draw. It was one of those games where Man Utd could've beaten them with 4-5 goals, but just didn't. You could say it's odd that Leicester managed to get a point, but you could also say that those games happen all the time in football.
    Absolutely.
    Can I just add in.

Leicester's top 10 regulars had played 90 per cent of available minutes that season.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    Seems fair i agree.

Pearson was allegedly sacked for a collapse in relationship with owner ship after his son was sacked for the racism in Thailand but going with your theory that could have just been a useful excuse?
    I love a good conspiracy theory!.

I totally forgot about that link with Thailand and Pearsons son.

Go on you got me hooked

Also in the very same season Leicester broke the premier league record for being awarded most penalties. 11 they got.

One reason Ranieri was able to pick such an unchanged team was that his players had missed only four league games through suspension this season – and two of those were as a result of Jamie Vardy’s recent red card against West Ham.

Remarkable, isn't it when you think about it all.

Does ‘dilly ding dilly dong’ have some significance? Is it a code word to the Thai owners perhaps?

Kante and Danny Drinkwater were booked three times each this season, an impressively low amount considering their games played, their position and work they got through in midfield.
    Lowest in the premier league.

I agree with most of what you are saying ghost but is there any evidence of clubs throwing games against them?

Kante and drinkwater both had a great season. I think kante was the glue that held Leicester together
    Vardy a late bloomer was lucky and very fast,
    The team just got on a roll and believed they were unbeatable.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    Also in the very same season Leicester broke the premier league record for being awarded most penalties. 11 they got.
    Good point. But playing mostly counterattack with a very pacey forward - perhaps not too surprising?

Like most sports football is played mainly in the minds of the players. I think Leicester built up a head of steam and momentum of confidence that steam rollered over everyone else. End of season, the bubble kind of burst and, although still a good team, they´re just not the same.

I think the stars aligned for them and a lot of their players hit a purple patch of form - Kante was a key player.

I also think it would be very hard to fix the quantity of games needed and still keep it a secret and I also hope it was all above board as it gives me some small hope for us!!
    Last edited by toptoon; 09-06-2018 at 01:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tooslomofo View Post
    I agree with most of what you are saying ghost but is there any evidence of clubs throwing games against them?

Kante and drinkwater both had a great season. I think kante was the glue that held Leicester together
    Vardy a late bloomer was lucky and very fast,
    The team just got on a roll and believed they were unbeatable.
    I could cite a few games but we'd have to go through them.
    The lack of red cards for them. One as I recall with Danny Simpson being sent off against @rsenal.

However, against West Ham, Schmeichel blatantly checked Sakho for a definite red which Anthony Taylor refused to even bother with.

I suppose I could look through and bring up much more but it still proves nothing.
    However, I suppose the issue is in going beyond coincidence.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)