+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghost - Leicester Conspiracy

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    What? For 380 games. Half the division's total games, not only Leicester's.
    Nope, just select teams required to be softened up. The rest would not be of the quality to make any real go.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    Nope, just select teams required to be softened up. The rest would not be of the quality to make any real go.
    You are still talking about any one of eight teams or so who could win the league.

Too many teams

Too many matches.

Too many people.

Too many potential loose tongues.

whilst i dont think their was any conspiracy in this
    im not convinced about th emoon landings
    and certainly not convinced about 9-11

it happened but im not to sure the americans werent in on it

You are still talking about any one of eight teams or so who could win the league.

Too many teams

Too many matches.

Too many people.

Too many potential loose tongues.
    And you're welcome to those thoughts. If that's what you think then you see no issue.
    I certainly can't claim you're wrong but my thoughts are on the lines of it not being above board for reasons explained.

Someone cleverer than me once said about conspiracy theories that the world is chaotic and people who believe take comfort and need them to make sense of things - to get control. The world is rudderless and the truth is more frightening. Noone is in control and noone could possibly have enough control to pull this one off.

I find the evil in plain sight in the world much more disturbing.

I think you may have trust issues ghostie.

Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
    Someone cleverer than me once said about conspiracy theories that the world is chaotic and people who believe take comfort and need them to make sense of things - to get control.
    Chaotic is what way? Naturally or unnaturally?

The world is rudderless and the truth is more frightening. Noone is in control and noone could possibly have enough control to pull this one off.
    The world as in an entirety of a natural thing or people living in the world?

I find the evil in plain sight in the world much more disturbing.
    Fear what you see and forsake all else. Is that what you mean?

I think you may have trust issues ghostie.
    Yep, I do have trust issues borne from untrustworthiness in life.

People are well within their rights to trust whatever they feel but full trust in everything would be trust issues as well in my book.

It just depends how it's looked at by whichever individual.

Accept it just happened that way that season and again in another blue moon it will happen again.

In my time winners of the top tier have been Burnley, Portsmouth, Ipswich, Leicester.

Mind Ipswich had the great Alf Ramsey as manager.

But I'll repeat it will happen again.

And another thought when you look at sheer facts in the cold light of day Preston North End have a better (2 wins 6 seconds) record than Spurs (wins 5 seconds)
    Last edited by ex_pat_magpie; 12-06-2018 at 07:38 AM.

Accept it just happened that way that season and again in another blue moon it will happen again.
    I'll never accept that as being fully legit.
    However, it's no big deal except to create debate, because football was sold to the so called devil a long time ago.

In my time winners of the top tier have been Burnley, Portsmouth, Ipswich, Leicester.
    Mind Ipswich had the great Alf Ramsey as manager.
    But I'll repeat it will happen again.
    In the early days when there wasn't massive tv rights or massive money, it was a much more level playing field, with only sporadic match fixing going on or the odd players being bribed.

In the last few decades there's been all kinds of dodgy stuff and too many to name...not just in football but all sports.
    When someone sells you something that you feel is far too good to be true, it generally is. And that's my stance on Leicester.

But I will say this much.
    If Leicester had escaped relegation the season before and then got in a new manager like they did and had spent 300 million on players, or something along those lines, then I'd say they bought the title.

No way in hell am I going to accept how it happened for reasons I stated.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    I'll never accept that as being fully legit.
    However, it's no big deal except to create debate, because football was sold to the so called devil a long time ago.

In the early days when there wasn't massive tv rights or massive money, it was a much more level playing field, with only sporadic match fixing going on or the odd players being bribed.

In the last few decades there's been all kinds of dodgy stuff and too many to name...not just in football but all sports.
    When someone sells you something that you feel is far too good to be true, it generally is. And that's my stance on Leicester.

But I will say this much.
    If Leicester had escaped relegation the season before and then got in a new manager like they did and had spent 300 million on players, or something along those lines, then I'd say they bought the title.

No way in hell am I going to accept how it happened for reasons I stated.
    But exactly the same happened to us in the Chimpo when K.K. took over first time.

From almost dropping to the third tier to almost top of the Prem in a couple of seasons.

No conspiracy there was there.

But exactly the same happened to us in the Chimpo when K.K. took over first time.

From almost dropping to the third tier to almost top of the Prem in a couple of seasons.

No conspiracy there was there.
    We didn't coast the premier league title by 10 points, did we?

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)