+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghost - Leicester Conspiracy

Ghost - Leicester Conspiracy

As requested Ghost, a new thread for this.

So as i said, i'd like to know/understand why you think it was conspiracy that Leicester won the prem.

What evidence do you believe their is, even if it is only circumstantial and wouldn't be considered in court of law etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    As requested Ghost, a new thread for this.

So as i said, i'd like to know/understand why you think it was conspiracy that Leicester won the prem.

What evidence do you believe their is, even if it is only circumstantial and wouldn't be considered in court of law etc.
    Ok, I'll start with what can be deemed as nothing and basically build up as we go.
    I'll let you and others answer to each point I make, whether it appears to mean nothing at first to the later stuff rather than just type a massive amount out.

So let's start with the basic.
    The season before Leicester won the title, they were relegation certs under Pearson, but managed to go on some wonder title winning type run to escape the relegation.
    Nothing really untoward yet people might say.

Then Pearson's son and a team mate get sacked for being racist in the country of the owners of Leicester.
    Before the new season, Pearson is also sacked for whatever reasons.

Ok, up to now nothing appears too strange but worth a raised eye brow for me.
    They then appoint a manager known as the tinkerman in Ranieri who buys the odd player but generally keeps the nucleus of the team together, yet the team is average at best.

For some weird reason the bookies give Leicester odds of 5000/1 and a few dozen people place fairly big bets on them. Hundreds of pounds, etc.
    I think Tom Hanks came out and said he placed 100 quid on Leicester to win the title. Apparently he's an Aston Villa supporter.

Before I go on does all this seem fair enough and above board as it stands and raises no eye brows?

Seems fair i agree.

Pearson was allegedly sacked for a collapse in relationship with owner ship after his son was sacked for the racism in Thailand but going with your theory that could have just been a useful excuse?

I'll also agree on the odds, as even now Cardiff are only as long as 2000-1 (although that could be because Leicester won, so they no longer want to take huge risks.)

I don't see the Tom Hanks bit as i place bets on other teams despite being a Toon fan, but i think i see the point you are making.

Nowt wrong so far.

I suspect the folk betting hundreds of pounds on Leicester are the sort to whom a few hundred quid means absolutely nowt anyway.

Tom Hanks didn't bet on Leicester, that was a joke he made because it seemed like they would win the league.

At the end of the day, you would have to watch the games to determine whether or not something was up. I don't recall there being controversial games where a team would play worse than normal against Leicester or look to be losing on purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    Seems fair i agree.

Pearson was allegedly sacked for a collapse in relationship with owner ship after his son was sacked for the racism in Thailand but going with your theory that could have just been a useful excuse?

I'll also agree on the odds, as even now Cardiff are only as long as 2000-1 (although that could be because Leicester won, so they no longer want to take huge risks.)

I don't see the Tom Hanks bit as i place bets on other teams despite being a Toon fan, but i think i see the point you are making.
    Ok, now as we all know and we all argue, rotating of players seems to be key to winning anything these days.
    Not so much many moons ago when teams weren't saturated with players...but you get my meaning.

Leicester, under a manager that that's never won a title, even at big clubs, manages to do it with Leicester by using the same team for 87% of the entire season.
    Also winning it with the lowest possession stats, ever at just over 40% overall.

Also all his players who ever got injured in that team, no matter what the injury, were always back for the next game fully recovered.
    Jamie Vardy having a few hamstring problems on top of other things but straight back firing in the next game.

Also Jamie Vardy broke Ruud van Nistelrooy's record as he became the first player to score in 11 consecutive Premier League matches.
    He managed all this with a broken hand that would not apparently heal and so wore a pot/bandage? for the entire season or close to.

So the tinkerman decided not to tinker and just play super fit all go no stop players so regular in supposedly the toughest league in the entire world, we've been told.

What does anyone think up to now?

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Nowt wrong so far.

I suspect the folk betting hundreds of pounds on Leicester are the sort to whom a few hundred quid means absolutely nowt anyway.
    Maybe. Just maybe.

5000/1 though?

Can anyone show me the odds on lowly premier league teams to win the title before Leicester did it...because surely we much have bigger odds, right?
    Or at least the same...right?

You get seasons where you're lucky with injuries and where you're unlucky.

They were lucky that season.

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    Tom Hanks didn't bet on Leicester, that was a joke he made because it seemed like they would win the league.
    Quite possible.

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    At the end of the day, you would have to watch the games to determine whether or not something was up. I don't recall there being controversial games where a team would play worse than normal against Leicester or look to be losing on purpose.
    Of course you won't recall games being controversial. I wouldn't expect any or many to do that either...including myself...until you can see anything that does not seem to add up...and if you can't then I'm with you...you'll simply accept what happened as being 100% genuine...and fair enough.

I can't say that is was untoward in terms of proof.
    All I can do is add up the coincidences and basically come to my own conclusion of what my gut feeling is by the circumstantial evidence that is relevant to myself.

I'm in no way asking anyone to play the guilty or not guilty. I'm asking people to see if they find anything odd or beyond coincidence with stuff...if not then it's a topic for those who maybe want to delve or make a case for either way.
    Last edited by ghostrider; 09-06-2018 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    You get seasons where you're lucky with injuries and where you're unlucky.

They were lucky that season.
    Maybe. Maybe they did manage to get really lucky.

What about Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool, @rsenal, Tottenham and Man Utd just happening to all crash and burn at the same time as Leicester go on a super title winning run?

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)