+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghost - Leicester Conspiracy

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    Good point. But playing mostly counterattack with a very pacey forward - perhaps not too surprising?
    Maybe. Very possible and just another coincidence that Leicester came out on top.

It also makes me wonder how the elite top 6 teams all crashed and burned so badly with Tottenham actually being the more consistent of that batch after not having a sniff for years...and yet Leicester still win the premier league tile but not by a point or 2. By 10 clear points.

We wouldn't bat an eyelid if Man City or Man Utd did it.....but Leicester after the season before being 7 points adrift before going on another end of season title winning type run.

Coincidence?

Imagine sacking your title winning manager so far into the very next season after winning that title by a landslide.
    What on Earth would you need to do to get yourself the sack in one season of mediocre football after something like that?

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    Imagine sacking your title winning manager so far into the very next season after winning that title by a landslide.
    What on Earth would you need to do to get yourself the sack in one season of mediocre football after something like that?
    Have owners who now think you should be doing that on a regular basis?

Why do you think he was sacked?

I agree that their are some interesting coincidences but i'm also personally of the persuasion that they got very lucky with injuries (and you don't change a winning team) and that all the others just had a really bad time, at the same time.

I think that expecting all the teams that could win the league to conspire to allow Leicester to would be to hard to do. Managers might be able to say something but on the pitch players would want to win and there is no way all the players could be in on it as that would leak somewhere, it always does.

I think your theory is actually reasonably worked out in comparison to some conspiracies i've seen though

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post

I agree that their are some interesting coincidences but i'm also personally of the persuasion that they got very lucky with injuries (and you don't change a winning team) and that all the others just had a really bad time, at the same time.

I think that expecting all the teams that could win the league to conspire to allow Leicester to would be to hard to do. Managers might be able to say something but on the pitch players would want to win and there is no way all the players could be in on it as that would leak somewhere, it always does.

I think your theory is actually reasonably worked out in comparison to some conspiracies i've seen though
    It's a strong point with the big teams conspiring. You'd have to get a lot of people on board, and football players would have to become very good actors.

Football is a matter of coincidence though; this is exactly why this could happen. There's nothing strange in the fact that the normal top clubs all had a bad time within the same year, they can't be great season after season after season. It was great to see an underdog take the title, but the fact is that it's strange that it doesn't happen more often. I don't know, maybe it's a conspiracy

Ghost likes conspiracy theories,in his previous life as Wolf he did not believe the moon landings had taken place or even that satellites had been launched.

I think the Russians and Chinese would have had something to say if the yanks had faked it,not to mention the American taxpayer that put in billions.

Not many and none that I know who will sack a manager who can supposedly make a title winning team out of a bunch of mostly average players.

Not sure to be honest. I have a few theories that may have some relevance or none.

1. He knew what was going on and went with it but decided he couldn't any more.

2. He went back to being Ranieri without the aid of the set ups and couldn't cope with the expectation from fans.

Two possibilities that may be an ocean wide of the mark.

That's fair enough. I could be barking up the wrong tree but even so, it does go way beyond the realms of what's regarded as coincidence for me.

I don't particularly think all teams did.
    I think officials...or a select few with a little bit of conspiring with a few top dogs could easily have swung this in their favour.
    It's all about looking at the elite clubs faltering as much as Leicesters amazing run of coincidences and massive luck.

I just find it way beyond incredible. I'd love to see the underdog have their happily ever after story but this story appears like a fairy story in the face of the 5 billion TV money that was earmarked at the time.

It was as if some elites got together and agreed that the also ran clubs need to feel they have a chance so let's make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    It's a strong point with the big teams conspiring. You'd have to get a lot of people on board, and football players would have to become very good actors.
    Or a few officials and a select few players, maybe.
    As for acting. Most do shampoo adverts and all kinds of stuff. I just wonder is fome sign their contracts in their own blood....for life for the sake of being put on a higher pedestal.
    Possible, right?
    Football is a matter of coincidence though; this is exactly why this could happen.
    Over a full season with Leicester just happening to become a super team and the elite clubs just happening to falter badly, whilst even Tottenham end up pushing for a spot they've never hit and Vardy breaking records and Leicester breaking all kinds of records with least suspensions, least penalties against, most penalties awarded.

Etc.
    I think coincidence becomes nullified in my opinion....but...maybe miracles do happen.
    There's nothing strange in the fact that the normal top clubs all had a bad time within the same year, they can't be great season after season after season.
    I agree for one or two or even 3...but not all and not the relegation favourite at 5000/1 just managing to wipe the floor with the lot by 10 massive points, surely?

It was great to see an underdog take the title, but the fact is that it's strange that it doesn't happen more often.
    Yep in one way it was great. The whole underdog scenario could be exactly what the set up was, as I said earlier.

I don't know, maybe it's a conspiracy
    It's certainly pointed that way but is a theory and not a fact.

I suppose it's a case of how we all look at stuff and how we all see it.
    Look into something and see a few oddities or coincidences and you can say it's a conspiracy...but just a theory. See more added and it becomes a possibility. Add more and more and it can become a probability, until it becomes a conspiracy fact.

However to get to a fact is extremely difficult without concrete evidence and there is none that would stand up, so it comes down to nothing more than interesting musings from those who want to debate it, for or against.

Quote Originally Posted by sherwoodmag View Post
    Ghost likes conspiracy theories,in his previous life as Wolf he did not believe the moon landings had taken place or even that satellites had been launched.
    Nobody in my family or close relatives believe in the moon landings and there's a hell of a lot of people don't, so I'm hardly on my own. Including Wolfy.

Quote Originally Posted by sherwoodmag View Post
    I think the Russians and Chinese would have had something to say if the yanks had faked it,not to mention the American taxpayer that put in billions.
    Unless they're all in on it. One world government playing us all like fiddles.
    What's so far out with that?

Odds always used to be massive on teams like Leicester winning the Prem... they only started shortening them AFTER Leicester.

They had a combination of having the right combination of players, with pace, and a midfield dynamo who broke up opposition play like a genius, and very few injuries/suspensions. (When we finished 5th under Pardew the fact we had our best season for fewest injuries was a huge factor).

Leicester played outstanding counter attacking football and deserved it, and if the kind of money was thrown at them winning the title that would be suspicious the bookies would have stopped taking bets on Leicester and it would have been all over the press.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)