+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bobby reid

Thanks for clarifying that 55, I must have been 7 or 8 then so only remember from the pictures and always just assumed they were bought together.

I thought Barnes was the first 500k player so didn't think it was a combined fee for him and another.

Never saw any of them play, but how the roles have reversed since then, with us where we are city as champs again.

From one crisis to another under the likes of swales and Co they now have progressive owners we can only dream of.

Back to Barnes, we definitely should have got the black one, but was Peter (an England international when we bought him) as bad as I have been told?

Talking of dog s hit strikers Wasn't the aptly named John Thomas a "striker " plucked from a market stall to lead our forward line?

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post
    Thanks for clarifying that 55, I must have been 7 or 8 then so only remember from the pictures and always just assumed they were bought together.

I thought Barnes was the first 500k player so didn't think it was a combined fee for him and another.

Never saw any of them play, but how the roles have reversed since then, with us where we are city as champs again.

From one crisis to another under the likes of swales and Co they now have progressive owners we can only dream of.

Back to Barnes, we definitely should have got the black one, but was Peter (an England international when we bought him) as bad as I have been told?

Talking of dog s hit strikers Wasn't the aptly named John Thomas a "striker " plucked from a market stall to lead our forward line?
    Afternoon Blood.

From memory David Mills (Boro to Albion) was the first £500,000 player.

As for Peter Barnes his greatest 'crime' was that he wasn't Laurie Cunningham.

Although he could blow hot and cold Barnes was a decent player and scored a tidy amount for us from the wing.

My mistake it was mills from Boro, and he was shi t too.

All this "S hit" opinion wasn't first hand knowledge but that of Mervyn who I used to go up with around 87.

You are probably right though when the replacement is deemed inferior then you would automatically be deemed "S hit" by some fans.

He hated mayo the most though calling him lanky streak of p iss.

Peter Barnes was a good player who scored some great individual goals, but Cunningham was an impossible act to follow. The same can be said of Jol and Bryan Robson.
    This when the decline began, we signed some top players but they were not as good as the ones they replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by Whicka_Mon View Post
    His first goal was the following season Exeter at home Goodman got two and we won 6-3
    I thought his first one was a diving header at the Smethwick end against his former club Stockport in a 5-1 win?

I am sure that on the way to the ground we would pass graffiti (somewhere near Rolfe Street) saying ‘Ian Edwards is God’.

Probably written by his Dad, as i'd not heard of him until today.

Did score any for us?

Anyone remember Adrian foster, scored against the dings and that was it, youth product if remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Afternoon Blood.

From memory David Mills (Boro to Albion) was the first £500,000 player.

As for Peter Barnes his greatest 'crime' was that he wasn't Laurie Cunningham.

Although he could blow hot and cold Barnes was a decent player and scored a tidy amount for us from the wing.

Cunningham could never be replaced by these overpaid tossers of today. He was that good! He climbed hills too, was never tired, and did not rob a taxi!

Quote Originally Posted by WBA53 View Post
    The Perce also reporting we are trying to resign domain sawyers for £3M,beggars belief we let him go to pay to get him back
    Sawyers , 53 seen him player for walsall on a few occasions not a bad player at all got skill & decent on the ball , what lets him down if he losses the ball he dont try to get it back , & he's so lazy he's unbelievable , the total opposite to Mc Clean, think we can do better but thats what were going to get i believe ,

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I thought his first one was a diving header at the Smethwick end against his former club Stockport in a 5-1 win?
    No mate it was at the Smethwick end though. It was the first game of the season and it was a header.
    He did score against us for Stockport when he went back to them in a 5-1 win.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)