+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: OT - 12Track Albums... pt 2

Quote Originally Posted by andy6025 View Post
    It should be 'colour' for me as well as we here in Canukistan follow the Queen's English for most spelling. There are some exceptions though, for example, we spell and pronounce the word 'aluminum' without the 'i' after the 'n'...
    The real test is how you pronounce 'solder', does it rhyme with colder or rodder?

Quote Originally Posted by andy6025 View Post
    It should be 'colour' for me as well as we here in Canukistan follow the Queen's English for most spelling. There are some exceptions though, for example, we spell and pronounce the word 'aluminum' without the 'i' after the 'n'...
    ah-loom-ee-numb

[QUOTE=Wedgie_pie;38917716]1. Anyone For Tennis - Cream
    2. Flowers and Football Tops - Glasvegas
    3. Shooting Shark - Blue Oyster Cult - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvsthsbbLfM
    4. The Wrestler - Bruce Springs**** https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OSvJvSwmd4
    5. Eton Rifles - The Jam[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#333333]6. When an Old Cricketer Leaves the Crease - Roy Harper
    7. The Ol' Hockey Game - Stompin' Tom Connors
    8. Snooker Loopy - Chaz & Dave
    9. Sail Away - Chris Rea
    10. Football Crazy - Robin Hall

some very dubious contenders for 'sports' titles on this album (3,5 and 9). Can we have a ref?

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    10. Football Crazy - Robin Hall
    Star man! I nearly posted on here a few days ago if anyone could remember this song and who sang it but didn't know how to word it.
    Great memories of kicking a ball about at the bottom of our road singing this out loud as i did. Them was the days!

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    some very dubious contenders for 'sports' titles on this album (3,5 and 9). Can we have a ref?
    3. Shooting is a sport?
    5. Eton Rifles is famously about the schools Rugby team . . . and i suppose you can use a rifle for shooting?
    9. Sailing is also a sport?

They're not dubious, just maybe a little tenuous?

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    3. Shooting is a sport?
    5. Eton Rifles is famously about the schools Rugby team . . . and i suppose you can use a rifle for shooting?
    9. Sailing is also a sport?

They're not dubious, just maybe a little tenuous?
    tenuous
    ˈtɛnjʊəs/Submit
    adjective
    very weak or slight.
    "the tenuous link between interest rates and investment"
    synonyms: slight, insubstantial, flimsy, negligible, weak, fragile, shaky, sketchy, doubtful, dubious, questionable, suspect; More

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Thought sailing and rifle shooting was an Olympic sport Sidn.... where I believe we Brits do reasonable well....

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Star man! I nearly posted on here a few days ago if anyone could remember this song and who sang it but didn't know how to word it.
    Great memories of kicking a ball about at the bottom of our road singing this out loud as i did. Them was the days!
    go

Here you go https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDRBDX3nt_o

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    That song, together with the brandy I’m finding very easy to drink right now is making me very nostalgic.

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast