+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: O'Connor turns down 2nd offer from Notts

Quote Originally Posted by marshall55 View Post
    Noble was captain at FGR i think.
    Yep. I believe this was a masterstroke as it appeared to give him the sense of responsibility that kept his 'dark side' in check.

Noble has a big pre season ahead. He needs to prove he is worthy of a regular starting place so that KN has at least 2 options for captain. My mate who is not a Notts fan saw us and Noble a few times and commented that he had never seen someone kick the ball to hard and aimless as Nobs

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Noble has a big pre season ahead. He needs to prove he is worthy of a regular starting place so that KN has at least 2 options for captain. My mate who is not a Notts fan saw us and Noble a few times and commented that he had never seen someone kick the ball to hard and aimless as Nobs
    Well, if your mate says so...

On the form he showed last season, Noble isn't worthy of a starting place let alone the captain's armband.

Noble played really well for Notts last season...………….. against Mansfield.

According to the Imps forum O'Connor has said on his Twitter account that Notts have offered him a new contract worth substantially less than his previous deal.
    I suspect he had a very generous contract with Notts courtesy of John Sheridan which Big Al is trying to bring back in line with the rest of the squad. I wouldn't be surprised if it's only for one year as well given his bad injury.
    You can be sure that Alan's business accumen will dictate that prima donnas are not going to feature at Notts and I agree with that sentiment wholeheartedly.
    I note it's gone a bit quiet so I wonder if Lincoln are reconsidering.

Quote Originally Posted by IluvNotts View Post
    According to the Imps forum O'Connor has said on his Twitter account that Notts have offered him a new contract worth substantially less than his previous deal.
    Unfortunately, you can't see his Tweets unless you bow down to him:

This account's Tweets are protected. Only confirmed followers have access to @michaeloconnor8's Tweets and complete profile. Click the "Follow" button to send a follow request.

Quote Originally Posted by IluvNotts View Post
    I suspect he had a very generous contract with Notts courtesy of John Sheridan which Big Al is trying to bring back in line with the rest of the squad. I wouldn't be surprised if it's only for one year as well given his bad injury.
    You can be sure that Alan's business accumen will dictate that prima donnas are not going to feature at Notts and I agree with that sentiment wholeheartedly.
    I note it's gone a bit quiet so I wonder if Lincoln are reconsidering.
    I suspect "Value of contract" could be a touch disingenuous . Could easily be one year at £100K, versus 2 years at £75K

Not for the first time, I think it's all down to length.

Quote Originally Posted by Notsohumblepie View Post
    Not for the first time, I think it's all down to length.
    Pretty sure girth comes into play as well

[QUOTE=IluvNotts;38920121]

If he as been offered a contract substantially less how does that make him a prima donna for refusing it.
    If your boss dropped your wages substantially would you be happy?

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast