+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Amazon

Amazon

Now these feckers are into Football! Wish they would do one! Convenience is in their motto! Convenience when the accounts show zero tax required in countries such as the UK!

Got an Amazon problem - no problem as some half witted person in the Indian Ocean will try to help you, after showing as much care as Barry when he drove off with that poor blokes taxi!

Prime - would rather see Luke Moore in his prime which is - never

More greed for the likes of Evans and even Chadli may look to climb hills again!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    now these feckers are into football! Wish they would do one! Convenience is in their motto! Convenience when the accounts show zero tax required in countries such as the uk!

Got an amazon problem - no problem as some half witted person in the indian ocean will try to help you, after showing as much care as barry when he drove off with that poor blokes taxi!

Prime - would rather see luke moore in his prime which is - never xdxdxd

more greed for the likes of evans and even chadli may look to climb hills again!
    tax dodger

They are a good alternative to Ebay when it comes to buying and selling things Al.
    But I agree this Amazon prime thing where they are now showing telly programs, and this buying Premier footy rights is a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    They are a good alternative to Ebay when it comes to buying and selling things Al.
    But I agree this Amazon prime thing where they are now showing telly programs, and this buying Premier footy rights is a bad idea.

Ebay is easier and user friendly Acido! Amazon has an outdated clunky selling system - takes more commission, throws you off easily, and Oh unlike ebay, pays you one month later! Detest Amazon big style as they are trying to conquer the world and they are the worst tax dodger you can find!

Sorry Al, but your thread reminded I needed to get a Ps4 controller as a gift from Amazon.

So inadvertently you've got them a sale.

Also, prime is ok TV, much cheaper than sky with lots of extras like free delivery.

I agree though the government must change legislation to get more tax from them and the likes of Google etc.

I need another Ps4 controller Blood, so pass it on to me if you have one spare eh lol.

Al, Ive always found Amazon to be ok and Ive bought from them a lot more than Ebay to be honest. When its come to buying video games and dvd's, theres certain sellers on there who Ive grown to trust and buy from more often.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Ebay is easier and user friendly Acido! Amazon has an outdated clunky selling system - takes more commission, throws you off easily, and Oh unlike ebay, pays you one month later! Detest Amazon big style as they are trying to conquer the world and they are the worst tax dodger you can find!
    Most of the above is wrong Al.

I used to mainly run my business on Ebay when i started selling direct to the public in 2005 and for the first couple of years it was a great platform.

Then the Americans started to get too clever for themselves by constantly changing the search pages,every time they "improved" the system our sales dropped,we now do barely 10% of the business we did 10 years ago……most buyers much prefer Amazon now.

We started selling on Amazon in 2007-8 and it just grew and grew and a couple of years ago we started sending goods into their warehouse so that they could supply them with Prime.

The numbers are phenomenal…..last year our business grew by 50% and it's heading for a further 25% growth this year.

Amazon pay us sellers every 14 days,not every month and we can request it earlier if we want to.

There are some downsides,specifically that even with a decent turnover they don't seem to allow people an account manager which can be a pain.

Their fees are 15% of the value of each sale plus the Prime fulfilment fee which is around £4.65 per parcel but it's a no brainer really,do you want to sell 10 items a day on Ebay and pay 10% in fees or 100 items a day and pay Amazon 15%…..you do the maths?

As for the tax issue.

We pay ours…..that's all very transparent for HMRC to see but the massive corporations do have HMRC tied in knots.

I was talking to my accountant about this a few days ago and she told me that the whole thing is so vast and so mind numbing in numbers that HMRC do not have the number of staff or staff well qualified enough to deal with Google and the likes which is why they "strike a deal" as far as vat etc are concerned.

In effect they agree to accept say X million because the alternative is to have staff tied in knots for years and still ending up with nowt!

She said that anyone with a brain clever enough to understand this digital nightmare is taking a job on big money with a digital giant rather than working for p i s s poor money for HMRC.

Until HMRC actually invest in the right calibre of staff and the right systems to cope then the status quo will remain.

If you need any advice on Amazon selling i'm happy to help if i can Al?

Hey Mick, can you or me buy a dose of mogadon on Amazon or Ebay ?. lol
    (and whats is for by the way, is it meant to help insomnia) ?.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Hey Mick, can you or me buy a dose of mogadon on Amazon or Ebay ?. lol
    (and whats is for by the way, is it meant to help insomnia) ?.
    I watch Albion and Stourbridge FC if i need to drop off Acid!

By the way…from up Barnsley way Shaw Lane Aquaforce decided to drop out of semi pro football from step 7 in the Northern Premier League where my non league lot play yesterday.

Al I got to say this forum, is a much better place without the vagrant and his mini me.

When he's done his latest stint of bird, I wonder what new username he'll have.

He was using an old one on vile mad not long ago before the long arm of the law caught up with him.

The dead bored must be just the matchday thread with countdown to the world cup.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)