+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What prezzies will uncle Colin have for us this year...

What prezzies will uncle Colin have for us this year...

...could the preseason visit of his team signal to us he is willing to give us a couple o signings maybe apart from Ward and this game is a means for us to have a look at em. Don't know enough about their squad to think who could be useful to us. As long as he dunt send us Halford back eh! (Or does he still play for em?)
    Last edited by rolymiller; 10-06-2018 at 01:24 PM.

I think it’s no coincidence we are playing them in a friendly, I reckon warne has asked him to take a look at our squad to see what he thinks. If I’m right then it’s very smart of warne

Some interesting and welcome thoughts here.
    I hope you're right

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    ...could the preseason visit of his team signal to us he is willing to give us a couple o signings maybe apart from Ward and this game is a means for us to have a look at em. Don't know enough about their squad to think who could be useful to us. As long as he dunt send us Halford back eh! (Or does he still play for em?)
    I doubt Halford would return. He doesn't fit into Warneys mould and I think his contract is up anyway so will probably not be at Cardiff when the friendly comes around.
    I wouldn't mind Lee Camp back here, he was loaned out last season but I'm not sure if that was after recovering from injury or if he was unhappy at the lack of game time.
    You would think Danny Ward would be available. Only played 18 games last season and 12 of those were from the bench and the step up to the Premier League will probably be too much for him.
    Anthony Pilkington might be available, didn't play much last season and Warnock was vocal about him maybe not having a long term future at Cardiff when he first took over.

Please not Halford - Mr. Chiropodist is the only manager that he seems to try for or to take any notice of generally. Serious injury doubts about Camp and Ward. Pilkington might work for us. A non-injured right back would be useful though.
    Last edited by mikemiller; 10-06-2018 at 02:47 PM.

Let's not go backwards. Camp and Ward are both injury prone and we shouldn't touch them with a barge pole.
    Fair enough if Cardiff have one or two other talented young players worth taking on loan.

Quote Originally Posted by dantpen View Post
    Anthony Pilkington might be available, didn't play much last season and Warnock was vocal about him maybe not having a long term future at Cardiff when he first took over.
    That's a good shout on Anthony Pilkington Dan.
    Decent player, seem to remember him scoring a couple of goals against us in the past.
    Would he be prepared to come to us though ?

Cardiff have just signed a new winger- Josh Murphy from Norwich - so will have a "spare", but we've already got loads

We don’t need wingers do we? Or maybe right side could do better

Agree with Mellow we don’t want Ward or Camp

Mr Chiropodist has just signed Cunningham (defender) from Preston, so he could be looking to off-load a defender now.
    Halford? er , thanks, but no thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast