+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: England's World Cup chances

England's World Cup chances

I mentioned it on another thread that I drew England in a sweep stake over here, I just wanted your opinion on England's chances in Russia? As a neutral I think Southgate has you guys very organised and you are bringing a relatively young team so I would give you guys a squeak of a chance.

Gonna win it !

I watched the friendly against Costa Rica the other night and to be honest I didn’t have a clue who half the team were. That’s the first England match I’ve watched since the Euro’s and I have next to no interest in the PL so basically haven’t got a scooby?

Hope that helps

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    I watched the friendly against Costa Rica the other night and to be honest I didn’t have a clue who half the team were. That’s the first England match I’ve watched since the Euro’s and I have next to no interest in the PL so basically haven’t got a scooby?

Hope that helps
    I watched it also dude and thought England were impressive, Rashford looks some player and along with Ali you have players that can create something from nothing, dropping Joe Hart could be the best thing to happen to England in years, Pope is one hell of a keeper and you also have great back up on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    I watched it also dude and thought England were impressive, Rashford looks some player and along with Ali you have players that can create something from nothing, dropping Joe Hart could be the best thing to happen to England in years, Pope is one hell of a keeper and you also have great back up on the bench.
    Must admit we looked better going forward first half with the young ones on, then he brought on a couple of more established players and we seemed to lose a bit of cohesion. Agree on Rashford, would defo put him in that No.10 role and certainly ahead of Sterling.

Watched the U21’s yesterday and they seem to play the same system which was encouraging.

It's good to see young players. I hope they can rise above the pressure and play with freedom.
    But chances!? C'mon, we know that Germany, Argentina, Spain would eat them alive in a knock-out game. I've also got a nasty feeling that Hazard, De Bruyne, Lukaku etc are finally going to play to their potential and it'll be against England when they start.
    Hopefully, Tunisia and Panama are not the mighty Iceland and we get through the group. Beyond that...?

Looking at the draw if we get though the group stage we will play either Columbia or Poland in the 2nd round which should be winnable. The problem is in the quarter final where we will play either Germany or Brazil.

Southgate is doing a good job, considering the players at his disposal, but I don’t have any high hopes of success.

Not getting out of the group stage will probably be considered a failure but as soon as England come up against the likes of Colombia or Poland it’s going to get tough. I think getting to the quarter finals would be an achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMagpie View Post
    Looking at the draw if we get though the group stage we will play either Columbia or Poland in the 2nd round which should be winnable. The problem is in the quarter final where we will play either Germany or Brazil.
    Gonna have to meet them somewhere along the line . England to win the World Cup for me . You heard it hear first . Come on England!!

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Gonna have to meet them somewhere along the line . England to win the World Cup for me . You heard it hear first . Come on England!!
    I like the cut of your jib

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast