+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: England's World Cup chances

Quote Originally Posted by Frigiliana Pie 1 View Post
    Southgate is doing a good job, considering the players at his disposal, but I don’t have any high hopes of success.

Not getting out of the group stage will probably be considered a failure but as soon as England come up against the likes of Colombia or Poland it’s going to get tough. I think getting to the quarter finals would be an achievement.
    Following Peru, my wife's team, I saw a lot of Columbia in the qualifiers. They're very strong and I think they'd have England's number. Poland would be easier for us.

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMagpie View Post
    I like the cut of your jib
    jib ?

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMagpie View Post
    I like the cut of your jib
    Got it.

England’s World Cup chances: like a snowflake in hell. Prove me wrong boys.

England to win it until proven otherwise, otherwise what's the point?

Win it or lose on penalties in the quarters against Germany.

I got annoyed when Kane said England can win it. People say 'Well what else is he supposed to say'

All I want to hear is something like..

"....the media ask the same questions about 'can we win it'' every tournament. Right now, we have a reputation and a respect to rebuild with the England fans after the last 2 disastrous tournaments. We need to play football the fans can get behind, we need to prove the doubters wrong, not letting down the fans and reinstalling their belief and passion in us - thats our objective - nothing else".

I think we should expect quarter finals and anything after that is a bonus. I'd like us to play attacking football and create chances. I about washed my hands of England after the Iceland debacle. They didn't deserve support after that gutless showing. I was against Southgate, however, he appears to be his own man and slowly we have some green shoots appearing in our progress and he seems to be the right man to nurture them.

So, I'd take quarter finals as about where we should be and anything past that a bonus.

That might pacify you, however, there will be some that would say ‘why the **** does our captain not think we will win it’. Talk about lose lose.
    Best thing about this group is they are fearless, no real super stars, no one has made stupid predictions, they had 3 weeks together and no one even noticed.
    I live in hope.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12