+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dodged a bullet

Dodged a bullet

did anyone else see the Denmark vs Mexico game yesterday, i had a couple of quid on a few world cup warm up games, didnt win a scratch mind, but that lad who we tried to get in January to play up front is a bloody buffoon. Jorgenson i think hes called, big numb statue, i cant believe we persued this lad, imo he is not even as good as Joselu. I hope to god we dont go back in for him.
    I dont understand some of Rafa's decisions sometimes, fair enough if Mbemba and Mito have the wrong attitude but ffs, replace them with better quality. Seems like a desperation target just to get a body throught the door, reinforced by the fact we got injured Slimani

Aye, he doesn't look great, like.

I suppose Rafa's like all managers....sometimes he'll pick a wrong'un...or let a good player go. He's certainly not above criticism but you sometimes feel you can't say anything negative because of how well he's done for us and because of the man he is.

He's never really done well internationally with Denmark except for a few odd occasions, but when he was in the Danish league he was easily the best, and he took the Dutch league by storm before an injury set him back. Personally I wouldn't go in for him as he's a sick note and quite frankly not good enough for the English top game, but to call him a buffoon might be a bit over the top

I've never watched him but was pleased we didn't pay over the odds for him in January. The selling club must've thought - English Premier League club desperate during the winter window, kerching! Although we all know that this club doesn't buy into any of that. I'm guessing Luuk de Jong had a better record in the Dutch league and he didn't look too great when he joined us on loan. He did appear to be Pardewed a bit though.

Generally, it's a big step from the Dutch league to the Premier League. Some have fared well (Van Persie, Nistelrooy, Eriksen, etc.). Some have not (Altidore ).

Big call saying worse than Joselu

If he really is that poor we definitely dodged a bullet with him, however his form in hte league over time does suggest he has something about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Aye, he doesn't look great, like.

I suppose Rafa's like all managers....sometimes he'll pick a wrong'un...or let a good player go. He's certainly not above criticism but you sometimes feel you can't say anything negative because of how well he's done for us and because of the man he is.
    apart from the keeper who has rafa picked that is any good since we have been in the prem and he hasnt had carr
    im sure opinions differ on some of the players but in your opinion which signings has he made that are good
    and please not turn this into a well if ash gave him money
    he persued this lad and for good money

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    apart from the keeper who has rafa picked that is any good since we have been in the prem and he hasnt had carr
    im sure opinions differ on some of the players but in your opinion which signings has he made that are good
    and please not turn this into a well if ash gave him money
    he persued this lad and for good money
    Kenedy, Lejeune

have we signed kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    have we signed kennedy
    You asked if Rafa had picked any good players out. Kenedy is one of them. Stop acting like you don't know that.

Lejeune is another good call. Diamé has obviously come good, and we were all very excited with Merino before his injury. Hayden I don't feel is good enough for this level, but he was a great signing for the Chimpo.

Joselu has not been a great signing, but he did secure us a point against Liverpool and against Swansea, and at that time those points were important to us. For 5mil I think he's been alright, though we obviously need to replace him with someone of much higher quality.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)