+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Dogs

Quote Originally Posted by CmonU***yStylishPies View Post
    Never trust anyone who dislikes dogs, a good rule in life.
    Never trust anyone who your dog doesn't is another.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeekay56 View Post
    I can't understand why anyone would go on a thread that is clearly marked O/T Dogs, if they have no interest in dogs.

I have no interest in horse racing or cricket, I have nothing to gain by going on horse racing and cricket threads just to say I don't like them. In fact I'd feel every inch the prat, I'd made myself look.

Just because you can post on every thread doesn't mean you have to.

Cats and dogs provide companionship for many lonely people, particularly in later life. If your support network includes friends and family, consider yourself lucky. There are many people less fortunate (possibly through no fault of their own). For some of these people dog ownership fosters social interaction.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/pets/ess...-owning-a-dog/

https://www.mentalhealth.org.uk/a-to...-mental-health

You can post what you like, I'm not going to enter into an argument, so I guess that makes you the winner.
    👍👍

I posted on the topic of dogs because I enjoy expressing my views on them ... just as I would post on freds labeled 'Labour' or 'Theresa May', etc. Not surprisingly there are people here both for and against them.

As for relying on your dog to assess people on your behalf, to me that speaks more to your own lack of sound perception rather than any magical gift you think your animal has - just look at the number of dogs that wag their tail at burglars or impede an innocent postman from making an important delivery.... the mutts must be real geniuses! Same thing with depending on them for company... if you require an animal that loves you 'unconditionally' to the bitter end just because you give it some food, then perhaps you're lonely for a reason.
    Last edited by andy6025; 15-06-2018 at 12:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Bloody hell 20 miles... I do an average of about 7 with mine and thought I was a dogwalking superhero
    70-90 miles per week for us, now it's light that is.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Bloody hell 20 miles... I do an average of about 7 with mine and thought I was a dogwalking superhero
    Just taking the dog for a quick walk love …………….. 4 hours later.

Quote Originally Posted by andy6025 View Post
    I posted on the topic of dogs because I enjoy expressing my views on them ... just as I would post on freds labeled 'Labour' or 'Theresa May', etc. Not surprisingly there are people here both for and against them.

As for relying on your dog to assess people on your behalf, to me that speaks more to your own lack of sound perception rather than any magical gift you think your animal has - just look at the number of dogs that wag their tail at burglars or impede an innocent postman from making an important delivery.... the mutts must be real geniuses! Same thing with depending on them for company... if you require an animal that loves you 'unconditionally' to the bitter end just because you give it some food, then perhaps you're lonely for a reason.
    So you're implying my mum, who got a dog cause she didn't like coming home to an empty house and who doesn't want another man, has something wrong with her? You don't know what you're talking about, just trying to be a clever d!ck like usual. If you don't like dogs fair enough but you don't half talk some tripe.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    So you're implying my mum, who got a dog cause she didn't like coming home to an empty house and who doesn't want another man, has something wrong with her? You don't know what you're talking about, just trying to be a clever d!ck like usual. If you don't like dogs fair enough but you don't half talk some tripe.
    He's probably just bitter because some working dogs have a better job than him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeekay56 View Post
    I can't understand why anyone would go on a thread that is clearly marked O/T Dogs, if they have no interest in dogs.
    Maybe because a thread titled 'O/T Dogs' invites any opinion on the subject of dogs. If it had said 'O/T only people who like dogs' you might have a valid point, but it didn't. I don't particularly dislike dogs as long as the arse sniffing lawn sh!tting little b@stards keep well away from me. Some love them, some don't. Each to their own.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    Well said crazy , he is indeed talking *******s.

I do think it's really difficult for people who have never had or never wanted a dog to understand just how emotionally attached you get to them once you have one.

Mikey is our first dog, prior to that we had a cat who lived to the ripe old age of 17. Mikey is just coming up to 1 year old and to say he can be a right pain in the ass is an understatement, but then so was my daughter when she was little!

The bond we have developed in that time is nothing short of remarkable and you know the love he has for you is unconditional, which is not something you can say for most humans. As for the cat, as much as i loved her I would not trust her as far as I could throw her!

Dogs may not be everyone's cup of tea which is absolutely fine, I certainly don't have an issue with that, likewise those that don't like dog's shouldn't have an issue with those of us that do, each to their own as they say.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast