+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Shaw Lane AFC: Yorkshire seventh-tier side resign from Evo-Stik League

A community club like Barnsley should have helped Shaw lane. Just because they disliked the owner. Were the fans n players not part of the community?
    From this side it looks like Barnsley FC and fans gave what they got. Craig wood didn't care about bfc, and bfc didn't care about Shaw lane...
    Like all big businesses. They help the community when it suits them..

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    A community club like Barnsley should have helped Shaw lane. Just because they disliked the owner. Were the fans n players not part of the community?
    From this side it looks like Barnsley FC and fans gave what they got. Craig wood didn't care about bfc, and bfc didn't care about Shaw lane...
    Like all big businesses. They help the community when it suits them..
    If the town was large enough to support two league clubs then I would think differently .

A derby such as that would be fantastic , you can feel the dislike that emerged with what's occured with Shaw Lane even on that scale .

It had all the ingredients but it was a non starter on a variety of levels .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    If the town was large enough to support two league clubs then I would think differently .

A derby such as that would be fantastic , you can feel the dislike that emerged with what's occured with Shaw Lane even on that scale .

It had all the ingredients but it was a non starter on a variety of levels .
    Let's say Parkgate FC wanted to change their name to Rotherham FC or Rotherham Town and play in blue and white - would Millers fans be happy? Personally - no. First name causes confusion , second name - the ground is nowhere near the town centre and the name is already part of our history.
    Rotherham Parkgate? Rotherham Roundwood ? - no objection from me, plus visiting teams, fans and officials would understand where the club was located.
    Last edited by mikemiller; 13-06-2018 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Let's say Parkgate FC wanted to change their name to Rotherham FC or Rotherham Town and play in blue and white - would Millers fans be happy? Personally - no. First name causes confusion and the ground is nowhere near the town centre, second name is already part of our history.
    Rotherham Parkgate? Rotherham Roundwood ? - no objection from me
    Rotherham Town take over Millmoor , play in blue and white , owned by a wendy and are knocking on the door of the 5th tier .

Rotherham Town take over Millmoor , play in blue and white , owned by a wendy and are knocking on the door of the 5th tier .
    Can't see that ever happening, for many different reasons

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Can't see that ever happening, for many different reasons
    I agree mike and I was just placing the scenario just to see if you millers would endorse it or be dead against it .

won't have a problem with it.

would may even go watch them when rotherham aren't at home.

should join alliance with them use them as a feeder club.

Agree. What's in a name. Think a lot of fans would go and watch them when we have international break or the winter break when we get to the promise land 😂...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345