+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OT: World Cup Teaser

Quote Originally Posted by Jeekay56 View Post
    I do apologise, clearly you wanted to come on here on Tuesday and be the smart arse.
    Cor-rect!

Did we get an answer on this yet ? I think all 5 have qualified so what are the four ?

Having sleepless nights over this one !

Quote Originally Posted by MagicBoots View Post
    Did we get an answer on this yet ? I think all 5 have qualified so what are the four ?

Read the entire fred again, but more slowly this time. Got it yet? D-uh!

Definitely Uruguay are on the list, Argentina and Australia are in, Brazil are close, but they just about make it.

New Zealand didn't qualify and the next highest is miles behind.

Of course, a pedant might point out these the numbers are for cattle, not just cows, and many of these might be bulls.

http://beef2live.com/story-world-cat...untry-0-111575

Anyway, Sid already gave his verdict, but it was in the Guardian, so who can really believe it without documentary evidence.
    Last edited by Bohinen; 18-06-2018 at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Of course, a pedant might point out these the numbers are for cattle, not just cows, and many of these might be bulls.
    A pedant may point out that many will be bullocks and some will be bulls. There are two things that separate a bull from a bullock, and once he's been separated from them I don't suppose he cares what you call him.

If you going to post a question at least get the answer right!

Read my earlier response more slowly this time then go check the facts. Someone posted New Zealand have never qualified, but they did in 2010 and also before when it was in Spain in 1982.

If you going to post a question at least get the answer right!

Read my earlier response more slowly this time then go check the facts. Someone posted New Zealand have never qualified, but they did in 2010 and also before when it was in Spain in 1982.
    I assumed (perhaps incorrectly) that the question related to the 2018 World Cup. My answer related only to the 2018 World Cup, and nowhere did I suggest that New Zealand had never qualified for the World Cup finals.

India has never participated in the FIFA World Cup, but the team did qualify by default for the 1950 World Cup after all the other nations in their qualification group withdrew. However, India withdrew prior to the beginning of the tournament. Does that count?

In view of the status of the cow in Indian society , there must be a great many of our four legged friends over there

Quote Originally Posted by Jeekay56 View Post
    I assumed (perhaps incorrectly) that the question related to the 2018 World Cup. My answer related only to the 2018 World Cup, and nowhere did I suggest that New Zealand had never qualified for the World Cup finals.
    Ah... I had assumed “ever” as it was not specified as this years one. Badly worded by the Guardian then.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12