+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update from Gauthier

Update from Gauthier

Which players have asked to leave?

what the fans REALLY want is to here from the organ grinders.
    Same cr@p.

The organ grinders are too busy making money to be bothered about one of their toys

To be honest I couldn't give a shiny shyte who owns the club or who is the CEO .

All I'm interested in is on the field and that we back our man in the technical area with the players he wants within the budget that's available to him .

It's that simple with me , I've no connection with anything other than the technical area and the players .

I don't pay £28 for a match ticket based on what Goathair says , I take my lead from the HC and the players .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 10-06-2018 at 10:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    To be honest I couldn't give a shiny shyte who owns the club or who is the CEO .

All I'm interested in is on the field and that we back our man in the technical area with the players he wants within the budget that's available to him .

It's that simple with me , I've no connection with anything other than the technical area and the players .

I don't pay £28 for a match ticket based on what Goathair says , I take my lead from the HC and the players .
    Like,like,like

Good to see Goat Hair responding to calls not to keep fans in the dark. I'm always cynical abart these kind of statements and am not sure how much to believe. They clearly had other targets in mind before Stendel.

Three things he sed ed me thinking--

1 "In the last months of the season...we prepared for this (relegation) and we had a list of different player targets for each division". I wonder who prepared this list and how was it prepared ? Spreadsheet perhaps. Will be list of targets now be torn up and Stendel asked who he wants to bring in ?

2 "The German was headhunted for the role. He didn't apply". I wonder if the same procedure was followed by Goat Hair when the monumental c0ck up of appointing Morais was made ?

3 "This is a long term project". Share it with the fans please.

Goat Hair has ignored the stats of 29 out of the last 30 managers/HC's being promoted from the Third Division being British with a knowledge of the English game at this level and has gone out to headhunt a continental coach. I am a lot more behind his choice than I was when he brought The Great Pillaker in. Interesting to see what develops ovva the next few months.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 11-06-2018 at 07:45 AM.

All I can add to this is I've a feeling this is as much information as we're gunna get out of the club and Animal's reight when alls said n' done we pay to watch a game of football. If what goes on in the technical area and pitch goes to plan the other stuff is forgotten about. You only need to look at decisions made from january 2016 as testament to this. Whilst the team was winning no one gave a shiny one. I certainly wasn't thinking about contracts at Wembley twice. I was enjoying the ride. It's only bad times that bring things under scrutiny. I wasn't gutted when we lost Hourihane to Villa as we got a decent wedge for someone with six months left and replaced him with Mowatt who had more Championship experience at the time. However, when Mowatt was shelved by the Head coach and results remained poor I started to question things. However, repeating my earlier statement as a fickle football fan I don't care about the politics when the teams winning.

They're never going to give us a detailed run down of all the ideas, failed bids, ins and outs etc. It's always been the same whoever has owned the club. The supporters just shell out season after season through love and loyalty towards BFC. The supporters contributions must at least cover the wage bill, a rather large slice of the pie at a football club like ours.

It makes me chuckle when Goathair said that they had two contingencies in place budget wise, one for each division yet that did not apply to the supporters who payed championship prices for league one football. That in my eyes is not right.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    They're never going to give us a detailed run down of all the ideas, failed bids, ins and outs etc. It's always been the same whoever has owned the club. The supporters just shell out season after season through love and loyalty towards BFC. The supporters contributions must at least cover the wage bill, a rather large slice of the pie at a football club like ours.

It makes me chuckle when Goathair said that they had two contingencies in place budget wise, one for each division yet that did not apply to the supporters who payed championship prices for league one football. That in my eyes is not right.
    Totally agree. What makes me laugh is having two plans. Why not invest more effort in the here and now? If the club hadn't thought but what if we go down they could have head hunted someone better than Morais. Also the recruutment in the window should have been all or nothing. All in the past now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast