+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Update from Gauthier

Thought it was a decent read . I don’t think any clubs give much away about their intentions so we’re no different.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Totally agree. What makes me laugh is having two plans. Why not invest more effort in the here and now? If the club hadn't thought but what if we go down they could have head hunted someone better than Morais. Also the recruutment in the window should have been all or nothing. All in the past now.

It is mate but have they learned thru their mistakes? Personally I'm quite optimistic about the new head coach but despite his impressive ideas & strategy i fail to see how he can implement it successfully without the right personnel and larger timescale. If pieces of the jigsaw dunt quite fit then how can you ever expect to see it finished?

No matter who we have as head coach he's on a hiding to nowt whilst working under goathairs administration. Both the previous head coaches suffered trying to create balance within the team with the tools they had at their disposal.

They( board & HC) all have to work together very closely if we are to be successful. I got the impression that wasn't the case last season. Maybe we'll get away with it in pub league but if things haven't changed then sadly we'll be found art yet again should we gain promotion and be back to square 1

I got the one mpression reading between the lines that Dan will get more say, nothing to back it up, purely gut instinct.
    But the invoice nterview to me came across as there were certain aspects that if not in place he wouldn’t come.

Quote Originally Posted by lk311 View Post
    I got the one mpression reading between the lines that Dan will get more say, nothing to back it up, purely gut instinct.
    But the invoice nterview to me came across as there were certain aspects that if not in place he wouldn’t come.

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    What did Frank Sinatra sing?

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post

Having listened to Goathair I have to say he answered the questions impressively well. It doesnt mean i agree with his answers but he gave good reasonings for his answers in my opinion. Maybe if intricate & detailed questions were posed to the consortium at their press conference when they took over we may not be so frustrated as to what our future plans are.

Goat Hair is developing his pillakin skills well.

Am not falling for the line that the great football brains in the Consortium got together and decided they wanted to go for a system of football involving "counter pressing and high intensity football" and then went art to get a coach that matched that style. The reality is they were unsuccessful in landing their first three or four targets having waited for the Play Offs to finish. In the meantime Goat Hair did what he did when he appointed Morais, he went headhunting on the continent for unemployed HC's and found Stendel.
    There is an arse over t1t bit in the statement where they spent months drawing up a list of players and then "decided" on their style of play--the other way round would make more sense. Players like Perkins, Dagnall and Bradshaw are needed to make gegenpreesen work, not the Thiams, Moncurs, Mowatts and Moores of football.

First rate pillakin Mr Goat Hair. I salute you.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Goat Hair is developing his pillakin skills well.

Am not falling for the line that the great football brains in the Consortium got together and decided they wanted to go for a system of football involving "counter pressing and high intensity football" and then went art to get a coach that matched that style. The reality is they were unsuccessful in landing their first three or four targets having waited for the Play Offs to finish. In the meantime Goat Hair did what he did when he appointed Morais, he went headhunting on the continent for unemployed HC's and found Stendel.
    There is an arse over t1t bit in the statement where they spent months drawing up a list of players and then "decided" on their style of play--the other way round would make more sense. Players like Perkins, Dagnall and Bradshaw are needed to make gegenpreesen work, not the Thiams, Moncurs, Mowatts and Moores of football.

First rate pillakin Mr Goat Hair. I salute you.
    Rumoured someone at the Oakland A's with a keen interest in German football blew in Billy's ear about Herr Daniel and it materialised from there .

It's all irrelevant now. Stendel, whether he was 1st,2nd,3rd choice or whatever is now in as HC along with his assistants and sir Bobby in an advisory role. I like the new HC's ideas and style. Better to look to the future and get on with it imo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12