+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: World Cup betting

World Cup betting

For those of you who like a bet on correct scores I've got a suggestion for you.
    I've tried this with league games with decent success, but think it will pay off more in World Cup matches due to the gulf in class in certain matches.
    You need a Bet365 account because they count 0-0 draws as void.
    Pick 3 or 4 matches that you think will be comfortable wins eg France v Australia, Spain v Iran etc. and back them to win 1-0 and 2-0 and -1 on the handicap market. That's 29 x trebles (3 matches) or 81 x 4 folds (4 matches).
    Minimum unit stake is 10p so that's £2.90 or £8.10 (unless you want to increase your unit stake).
    With 0-0 draws void that means that all winning scores are covered except 2-1 & 3-2.
    Given that the poorer international teams struggle to score against your Germanys, Spains & Brazils it should be easy money
    I won £500 first time I did it, and thought I'd lost because I didn't know about 0-0's being void. That was for 3 correct scores & a 0-0 (at 20p unit stake).
    I got another couple of wins with goalless draws and handicap results after that as well that didn't pay as much.
    I must say the odds on international correct scores are much lower than league matches so payouts will be less.
    If you try it, hope it pays off for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodger1957 View Post
    For those of you who like a bet on correct scores I've got a suggestion for you.
    I've tried this with league games with decent success, but think it will pay off more in World Cup matches due to the gulf in class in certain matches.
    You need a Bet365 account because they count 0-0 draws as void.
    Pick 3 or 4 matches that you think will be comfortable wins eg France v Australia, Spain v Iran etc. and back them to win 1-0 and 2-0 and -1 on the handicap market. That's 29 x trebles (3 matches) or 81 x 4 folds (4 matches).
    Minimum unit stake is 10p so that's £2.90 or £8.10 (unless you want to increase your unit stake).
    With 0-0 draws void that means that all winning scores are covered except 2-1 & 3-2.
    Given that the poorer international teams struggle to score against your Germanys, Spains & Brazils it should be easy money
    I won £500 first time I did it, and thought I'd lost because I didn't know about 0-0's being void. That was for 3 correct scores & a 0-0 (at 20p unit stake).
    I got another couple of wins with goalless draws and handicap results after that as well that didn't pay as much.
    I must say the odds on international correct scores are much lower than league matches so payouts will be less.
    If you try it, hope it pays off for you.
    Good heads up hodger , thanks for that , deffo on it mate .

I sometimes do 2-0's & 3-0's if it's a real banker, and if you get the correct score you also get the handicap up as well, so you can have multiple winning lines.
    4 x 10p correct scores @ 5/1 pays £130, and if you get the handicaps you've potentially got 16 winning lines. Big money.

I sometimes do 2-0's & 3-0's if it's a real banker, and if you get the correct score you also get the handicap up as well, so you can have multiple winning lines.
    4 x 10p correct scores @ 5/1 pays £130, and if you get the handicaps you've potentially got 16 winning lines. Big money.

It's a decent strategy Hodger and I'll go with the trebles at £1.

I'm on 365 and will have a pop at it. I think England's first two matches are ideal for the 1-0, 2-0 correct score and handicap.

Just a couple of questions mate.

Why is 0-0 void on such a bet and If a game out of the 3 is 0-0 do you get paid for a double if the other two bets are correct by either handicap or correct score?

Also I made the trebles bet to be 27 bets rather than 29 or have I done summat wrong?

Correct it is 27.
    The 0-0 is like a none runner, so yes you'd get the double. In fact you'd get 2 doubles because both your score options would be void.
    I knew they gave you your money back on correct score singles it it was 0-0, and thought they'd paid out by mistake first time.
    I found £500 in my account and withdrew it before they could correct it.
    Second time I got about £150 and the 0-0 scores were void again. My mate did it as well and he got paid out so that can be the only answer.
    The bonus is if you get a 2-0 the handicap is up as well. So, 4 correct scores = 16 winning lines.

Correct it is 27.
    The 0-0 is like a none runner, so yes you'd get the double. In fact you'd get 2 doubles because both your score options would be void.
    I knew they gave you your money back on correct score singles it it was 0-0, and thought they'd paid out by mistake first time.
    I found £500 in my account and withdrew it before they could correct it.
    Second time I got about £150 and the 0-0 scores were void again. My mate did it as well and he got paid out so that can be the only answer.
    The bonus is if you get a 2-0 the handicap is up as well. So, 4 correct scores = 16 winning lines.
    Thanks Hodger for clearing that up, appreciate it. I did think that was the scenario if a 0-0 occurred but I screwed my head up a bit going thru the possible scenarios It's a clever way of betting as you say, especially for banker bets. Thanks for the tip and fingers crossed ay

Banker bet BOOKIES a cert

France done me over already on a £1 trebles bet fuq sake ni mind, there's always next week

You can't legislate for some clown centre half punching the ball for no reason.

You can't legislate for some clown centre half punching the ball for no reason.
    Very true

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast