+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you guys think of Forest?

What do you guys think of Forest?

As in

1. A club as a whole
    2. The team
    3. It's fans.
    4. As a rival

Of course I'm not asking anyone to love us or have the same attitude that I render unto Derby - which is by clear majority - positive.

Rather if you hate us. Why is it so?
    I think it's more to do with its fans right?
    Obviously I'm too young to remember the rivalry in the days when neither club was any real good or what it was like in the early 70s?
    Maybe Andy can elucidate. Looking at history books, I doubt it was a great rivalry. Forest players and managers going to Derby.

What brought the change and the rivalry it is today?
    And can it ever go back to those days?

What do I think about Forest? Simple, I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    As in

1. A club as a whole
    2. The team
    3. It's fans.
    4. As a rival

Of course I'm not asking anyone to love us or have the same attitude that I render unto Derby - which is by clear majority - positive.

Rather if you hate us. Why is it so?
    I think it's more to do with its fans right?
    Obviously I'm too young to remember the rivalry in the days when neither club was any real good or what it was like in the early 70s?
    Maybe Andy can elucidate. Looking at history books, I doubt it was a great rivalry. Forest players and managers going to Derby.

What brought the change and the rivalry it is today?
    And can it ever go back to those days?
    What a daft post! If we were to say what we really think of Forest the Mods would have a field day and we'd all be banned!!! It would also be the end of Derby Mad!

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    What a daft post! If we were to say what we really think of Forest the Mods would have a field day and we'd all be banned!!! It would also be the end of Derby Mad!
    I'm sure they'll make an exception. Plus I'm your favourite Forest fan remember?
    Hahaha

Just to put some perspective on what 'the mods' might do, if I won the lottery I'd buy Forest and make it Derby's feeder club

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    What do I think about Forest? Simple, I don't.
    I understand. Thinking was always difficult for you.
    I could recommend you a coach.
    A Very talented young man, who spends great amount of thinking before doing anything. So much so, he's got an army of supporters going to him for advice and to teach them how to think quality before responding or acting.
    He might even teach you for free If I recommend.

It all starts at the top really. Small club with over egoed owners who may or may not be right and proper people to own the club spending next to nothing (one notable exception to that rule) and hoping against hope that the season lasts beyond September. Crap ground that is in urgent need of modernisation or a complete rebuild.

Feel sorry for the team. They didn't ask to be put together by 3rd rate managers and 4th rate owners andd fell for the ruse based on history that has not been repeated in a long, long time. Admittedly Derby aren't what they were but we have been to the promised land on 2 separate occasions in the past 20 years although the 2nd was a short lived disaster. They have to play in a ramshackle stadium that is never full and hasn't been from way before they cut the DCFC allocation to make it seem less like an away game for them. We might have been stuck in the Championship for 10 years now but at least we have been in with at least half a shout or better of going up in half of those seasons.

The fans? Way more fickle than our lot. I remember the mass walkout by a good half of them at Pride Park when the 4th went in and the chants of "why the f*** are you still here?" when the 5th went in which saw half of those remaining shuffle forlornly out of the stadium. THAT season which saw us relegated also saw our fans unaminously nominated as best in the country by opposition fans. Forlorn folk addicted to living in the past.

Rivals? Only in terms of vying for the hearts and minds of potential supporters in those towns and villages lying roughly halfway between the 2 cities and, of course, for local bragging rights in pubs, clubs, schools and the workplace. Not a single hair on my balding head that entertains the slightest notion that the huggers of trees will be above us come May 2019.

But was there this kind of rivalry back then Andy?
    What with players and managers floating to each other.
    It must have been friendlier then even though that was the time footy grounds weren't the safest places

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    But was there this kind of rivalry back then Andy?
    What with players and managers floating to each other.
    It must have been friendlier then even though that was the time footy grounds weren't the safest places
    My hatred for Forest was sealed when I got wazzed on for two solid hours in the then-uncovered Holt End in 1989, and we lost 2-1, and I was commuting from Cornwall at the time (in fact I was one of the first 100 people to use the A42 link that evening when travelling South, it opened briefly that eve before the official opening the day after)

Why were we playing Forest at Villa Park?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)