+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Head of Recruitment

Head of Recruitment

When our head of recruitment was at Brighton I believe he was the one who discovered Anthony Knockhart playing for standard liege in the Belgian first division,so my question is are we looking to the continent for potential undiscovered gems aswell or just looking at premier league and championship clubs for their young uns?
    Last edited by Highhazelmiller; 10-06-2018 at 03:29 PM. Reason: Incorrect information

No idea since we haven’t signed anyone lol

Clearly it would give a wider pool of players but obviously there are travel costs etc. We are now a Championship club again and I think we should be looking in the French/German/Spanish leagues etc if we are to maximise how successful our recruitment is. How we recruit will have already been decided but yes I think we should be looking abroad.

It really depends on where we've got any scouts. In Poland, and some of the other Eastern European countries, football in their number one sport. There must be some decent players out there who might fancy playing in the Championship.

Will coming out of the EU scupper that idea?

Yes he was European Scout at Brighton and worked for Derby, Millwall, Tottenham and Sunderland.
    His dad may have given him some tips along the way.
    It's one thing finding the right player to suit the club and something completely different actually getting that player to sign for us.
    My opinion is some Heads of Recruitment move on to other clubs quite quickly, hopefully JJ can find us a few youngsters before he moves on.

I think he was at Leicester before going back to Belgium, so he didn’t have to look very far did he?