+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Blackman and Palmer in talks?

Palmer would be a good signing because he can play all across attacking midfield and is right footed. We've lacked a right footed attacking player who can run with the ball and play on the right wing. He'd also be a very strong challenger for Duffy's role.

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    I think Armstrong was on loan at Oakwell at one time wasn't he or have i got it wrong(for a change) UTCB
    Who on here’s going to question your knowledge of Barnsley football club ?

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    Who on here’s going to question your knowledge of Barnsley football club ?
    Keep tryin. UTCB

poster on s2 saying dean henderson was the player who came to lane with his agent last week could mean chelsea want to sell blackman and we wont pay 2.5 mill plus 22k a week we could only get him on a loan imo mind be a cracking second option

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    poster on s2 saying dean henderson was the player who came to lane with his agent last week could mean chelsea want to sell blackman and we wont pay 2.5 mill plus 22k a week we could only get him on a loan imo mind be a cracking second option
    Henderson would be a fantastic signing. Really impressed with the kid when I’ve seen him on the box, a future England keeper there if ever I saw one.

Word i got was CW was looking at other options

Even if Henderson's slightly better than Blackman, I'd prefer Blackman to return.

Already familiar and ultimately more chance of getting him permanently.

yeah blackman is our obvious number 1 target but there could well be interest in him from lower prem teams and higher spending championship teams so we have to look for other options our only chance of getting him is another loan move

If Twirlo is right and we have £20m to spend then getting Big Blacks for £2.5m is a no brainer. Make his wage dependent on clean sheets and saves etc. and job's a good un.

Quote Originally Posted by Longshortandtall View Post
    Is that other options than Henderson Bulmer? A lot of teams are in for him including Norwich who've just trousered £11 million from Cardiff. Just signed a new contract so will have had an increase in wages.

Can't see us going for the likes of Johnstone now Villa can't afford him. He was one of the better keepers in the division along with Bentley at Brentford. Its a critical position and we shouldn't be trying to scrimp on loan fees and wages. Blackman for me is the best option if he wants to return.
    No other options than Blackman,he's not closing the door on him but I think he'd prefer other options that's what I was told anyway

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast