Thread: Stan Anderson RIP

Stan Anderson RIP

Passed away

They were touted as the best halfback line in the Country

Stan Anderson, John McGrath, Jim Iley

RIP stan

Captained us to promotion under Joe Harvey,I never missed a home game that season.

Quote Originally Posted by sherwoodmag View Post
    Captained us to promotion under Joe Harvey,I never missed a home game that season.
    Me too Sherwood that was a great season. I think Northampton Town got promoted with us.

Stan on his 82nd birthday 2 years ago with Bob Moncur and Frank Clark, and behind them, alan shoulder, jim Iley, pat Howard (the man famous for inciting the Nottingham Forest riot (apart from other things ) and david barton

Name:  IMG_0806.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  88.5 KB

R I P Stan a footballing legend and a lovely bloke as well.

Quote Originally Posted by toonlegend View Post
    Stan on his 82nd birthday 2 years ago with Bob Moncur and Frank Clark, and behind them, alan shoulder, jim Iley, pat Howard (the man famous for inciting the Nottingham Forest riot (apart from other things ) and david barton

Name:  IMG_0806.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  88.5 KB

R I P Stan a footballing legend and a lovely bloke as well.
    He was that June and Captained all three North Eastís Clubs. Thatís when fans recognised good player irrespective of who they played for before.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherTerryMac View Post
    Me too Sherwood that was a great season. I think Northampton Town got promoted with us.
    Yes Northampton finished second and we beat them 5 nil on one of the last home games.

We could certainly do with a player of his stature today

Oddly enough at the times he played for the Muckem and the Smoggies he was always held in respect here as a player.

R.I.P.

He was that June and Captained all three North East’s Clubs. That’s when fans recognised good player irrespective of who they played for before.
    He didn't want to leave his home town club of Sunderland but the directors held sway in them days.
    As a schoolboy I used to go to Roker Park when the Toon were away so knew Andersons ability.

When we signed him a few of my mates at the pit grumbled about signing a Mackem but I put them straight and said I bet Harvey makes him club captain.

Quote Originally Posted by sherwoodmag View Post
    Yes Northampton finished second and we beat them 5 nil on one of the last home games.
    Yeah we put 5 past Leyton Orient and Preston and went one better against Swindon

He was that June and Captained all three North Eastís Clubs. Thatís when fans recognised good player irrespective of who they played for before.
    Jim Iley, who is almost 3 months to the day younger than myself looks to have more hair in that picture than he had in the sixties.

He was a bit of a hard lad too.