+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: Who's going to win the world cup?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
Page 35 of 67 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: World Cup

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    20 so far & we’re only at the halfway mark.
    A record.
    Previous highest at the end of the tournament is 18.
    I’m all for the wrestling & grappling resulting in penalties.
    Refs who think the Iran penalty tonight was a penalty shouldn’t ever referee again. Simple.
    That’s not VAR.
    That’s just incompetence.
    Totally agree.
    Deliberately impeding a player with no intention at all of competing for the ball should be a penalty.
    There have been a couple of penalties awarded that was not deliberate handball and should not have been awarded.
    Crazy that these were awarded after VAR review

[edite]
    I'd even add, the John Stones free header goal should have been disallowed as Young blocked the defender deliberately in the lead up.

One things for sure, you will see a lot more pens given and even some goals disallowed, but it will drive a better spirit to play fairly
    [/edit]
    Last edited by afc1903mad; 26-06-2018 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Totally agree.
    Deliberately impeding a player with no intention at all of competing for the ball should be a penalty.
    There have been a couple of penalties awarded that was not deliberate handball and should not have been awarded.
    Crazy that these were awarded after VAR review
    Whats always annoyed me in fitba .You can shield the ball out of play for a goal kick and quite aggressively at that and nothing is ever done about it. Try the same anywhere else on the pitch and its obstruction.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Whats always annoyed me in fitba .You can shield the ball out of play for a goal kick and quite aggressively at that and nothing is ever done about it. Try the same anywhere else on the pitch and its obstruction.
    If your shielding and the ball is playable that's surely within the laws of the game.
    If the ball is outwith playable distance then that's a different matter

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    If your shielding and the ball is playable that's surely within the laws of the game.
    If the ball is outwith playable distance then that's a different matter
    If the ball is in play its playable. What difference does it make if its heading in the direction of out or in the centre circle. The defender stops the opponent by leaning as far back using his feet for purchase with his arms out making no attempt for the ball preventing the opponent a way to the ball. Deliberately impeding to use your words

Anywhere else its a foul

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    If the ball is in play its playable. What difference does it make if its heading in the direction of out or in the centre circle. The defender stops the opponent by leaning as far back using his feet for purchase with his arms out making no attempt for the ball preventing the opponent a way to the ball. Deliberately impeding to use your words

Anywhere else its a foul
    A ball can be in play but not playable (be the offending player in your opinion)
    I disagree that shielding is given as fouls anwhere else on the pitch.
    Maybe you can show some examples of what your referring to.

I recall one of the most aggressive shoulder charges that I've seen which play was allowed to continue was Alan Shearer (for Newcastle I think) who almost ran at 90 degrees of the direction of the ball and knocked the opposition played (Arsenal I think) out into touch and almost into the stand.
    Aggression is not an issue if applied in the right way.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    One thing I have noticed is that every time there is a VAR review of a penalty incident, the ref always gives the penalty. It's like he's afraid to disagree with the VAR who told him to review it.
    Ehmmm naw, regardless, different rules obviously, however rugby,tennis and cricket seem to get by ok, perhaps they had teething problems initially......if it helps cut down on cheating it can only be a good thing long term.

SF

Another way of looking at it. Posession is the key determiner.

Shielding - you shield the ball. by definition, it is in your possession.
    Obstruction - you obstruct a player - you have made a play against a person when that person is in possession of the ball.

I do love a lesson on football.

Anyway, engerland are getting very confident now. Ideal situation as they were always going to get through the group without much hassle. As long as Kane scores a couple more though.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Its called a debate.
    Do you want to add your opinion?
    Do you have examples of shielding which is given as obstruction?

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post

Anyway, engerland are getting very confident now. Ideal situation as they were always going to get through the group without much hassle. As long as Kane scores a couple more though.
    The beat the worst two teams in the tournament. Of course they are going to win the f@cking thing

Page 35 of 67 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast