+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: Who's going to win the world cup?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
Page 57 of 67 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast

Thread: World Cup

The second goal looked offside to me ?? No mention of any doubt by commentators tho. Is it just me then ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Happy fannies!!!

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    The second goal looked offside to me ?? No mention of any doubt by commentators tho. Is it just me then ?
    It wasnae the boy that scored it that was off.

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Don View Post
    Unlike the 3 other semi-finalists, the guffies have not one single World class player in their ranks, and this I believe, is where it will all come tumbling down for them.
    You cant count their farce of a game against the Belgium reserves, which they actually lost - believe it or not, but they haven't actually played anyone of note yet and certainly no team possessing the type of world class players that they won't be able to cope with. That's about to change though.
    Croatia looked like they were dead on their feet at the end of the game the other night.
    England may have enough to get past them.
    Id also add that Harry Kanes stats put him tight up there with other "world class" players

Im 50/50 on who will win the France Belgium game, but expect the winner of that game to become the world cup winners

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Croatia looked like they were dead on their feet at the end of the game the other night.
    Id also add that Harry Kanes stats put him tight up there with other "world class" players

Im 50/50 on who will win the France Belgium game, but expect the winner of that game to become the world cup winners
    Belgium are favourites to win as they look deadly at times going forward. I hope Croatia win as they are the underdog of the teams left.
    I agree that Croatia were absolutely dead on their feet last night but a few days to recuperate and hopefully all will be good.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Belgium are favourites to win as they look deadly at times going forward. I hope Croatia win as they are the underdog of the teams left.
    I agree that Croatia were absolutely dead on their feet last night but a few days to recuperate and hopefully all will be good.
    I would agree that Belgium just edge it over France, but they showed that they can be lethal going forward as well.
    Brazil had plenty of opportunities against Belgium, so show that players like Griezmann and Mbepe could capitalise

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I thought Belgium looked decidedly dodgy with balls into the box (England's speciality) - Brazil could have been 2 up in the first 10 mins.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    It wasnae the boy that scored it that was off.
    Could also be said that the boy that was in an offside position was interfering with play as he was closer to the keeper than the boy that scored.
    Croatia are a different kettle of fish, they are a more attacking team who will press the English from the start, they will chase the ball and close down any player in posession, should England find themselves a goal behind we will see how they will react for the first time in this tournament, they are saying the game they lost against Belgium was meaningless or that they threw it to get an easier draw in future rounds, it hasnt stopped Belgium beating anyone they have been up against and there in my opinion is the reason that Belgium will eventually be crowned winners.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post

One thing that I would give England credit for in this World Cup is they have been an attacking team,that’s maybe because of the opposition they have faced so far and it will be interesting to see if they are so attack minded against Croatia,if they are I think Modric and Rakatic will pick them apart.

Page 57 of 67 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast