+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: Who's going to win the world cup?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
Page 58 of 67 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast

Thread: World Cup

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Croatia looked like they were dead on their feet at the end of the game the other night.
    England may have enough to get past them.
    Id also add that Harry Kanes stats put him tight up there with other "world class" players

Im 50/50 on who will win the France Belgium game, but expect the winner of that game to become the world cup winners
    Croatia did look shattered by the end of the game and we can only hope 4 days is enough time to recover. It also depends on what team turns up for them on the day. If it's the Croatia of the first couple of games, England wont stand a chance. Any other Croatia will still cause them massive problems.

I've seen nothing in this English side to get anywhere near France or Belgium's standard and I fully expect one of them to win the tournament.

Harry Kane World class? Really? He's a very good finisher, I'll give you that, and 6 goals in a World Cup is no mean feat, even if it has been against some of the worst teams' in the tournament and 3 have been penalties (1 down the middle just missing the keeper's foot), 1 a deflection and 1 off the back of his leg - which he knew nothing about, BUT, does he possess the quality of a Hazard, De Bruyne, Modric, Rakatic, Pogba or Mbappe, who can unlock ANY defence when it matters most? I'm not so sure and I don't think they have anyone who comes close.

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Don View Post
    BUT, does he possess the quality of a Hazard, De Bruyne, Modric, Rakatic, Pogba or Mbappe, who can unlock ANY defence when it matters most? I'm not so sure and I don't think they have anyone who comes close.
    He plays in a position different to all of those you mentioned.
    Name another out and out striker that is better in your opinion.

His stats are up there with the best as a striker, he is someone who does not get the recognition he deserves.
    As an out and out striker, I would not be surprised to see Real Madrid make an offer to replace Karim Benzema

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...i-Ronaldo.html

I wasn't implying they all played in the same position, what I am saying is that the others have the ability to cut open any defence, he doesn't.
    As for other strikers, Kane's very good at being in the right place at the right time but give me Cavani, Lewandowski, Costa, Aubameyang, Aguerro or Griezmann any day.

I don't take what the Daily Mail says as gospel, I'm afraid.
    Last edited by Red_Don; 08-07-2018 at 03:55 PM.

I wasn't implying they all played in the same position, what I am saying is that the others have the ability to cut open any defence, he doesn't.
    As for other strikers, Kane's very good at being in the right place at the right time but give me Cavani, Lewandowski, Costa, Aubameyang, Aguerro or Griezmann any day.

Agree with that,Kane is a good player but he isn’t world class.

If he wasn’t English the guffball media wouldn’t think he was either.

All opinions of course.
    With the exception of Lewandowski, Kanes record last year out performed all of those players. Kanes record actually matched Lewandowski, but he doesn't play for a team that dominates their league. Kane also had a better record in Europe.

Harry Kane 41 goals
    Edison Cavani 15 goals
    Lewandowski 41 goals
    Diego Costa 7 goals
    Pierre Emerick Aubameyang 31 goals
    Sergio Aguero 30 goals
    Antoinne Griezmann 29 goals

All opinions of course.
    With the exception of Lewandowski, Kanes record last year out performed all of those players. Kanes record actually matched Lewandowski, but he doesn't play for a team that dominates their league. Kane also had a better record in Europe.

Harry Kane 41 goals
    Edison Cavani 15 goals
    Lewandowski 41 goals
    Diego Costa 7 goals
    Sergio Aguero 30 goals
    Thanks for the info, but I'm sorry I still believe they're better players.

All opinions of course.

Harry Kane 41 goals
    Edison Cavani 15 goals
    Lewandowski 41 goals
    Diego Costa 7 goals
    Sergio Aguero 30 goals
    By that logic, Alfredo Morelos scored more than Cavani and Costa combined and as many as Griezman, and is therefore a better striker. Would you rather have him?

Thanks for the info, but I still think the players I've mentioned are better than Kane..........and Morelos for that matter.

Don't think Harry Kane is a world class player yet but given that he's only 23 (my daughter thought he was 30) he could well develop into one in the next 4/5 years. England's best player, IMO, is Trippier who is even younger than Kane - he's got great energy and delivers excellent crosses. Be interesting to see what system Southgate uses against teams who use the full width of the pitch when attacking.

By that logic, Alfredo Morelos scored more than Cavani and Costa combined and as many as Griezman, and is therefore a better striker. Would you rather have him?

Thanks for the info, but I still think the players I've mentioned are better than Kane..........and Morelos for that matter.
    I wouldn't count Morelos as he's not in the so called top 5 leagues. That's a ludicrous suggestion.
    He also did not score as much as you infer last year.
    Nice work if your a journalist under Traynor

I'd also take age into account. With Kane only just about to turn 25, he still has his best years ahead of him.
    Its all opinions, but right now, I'd think he'd be one of the most sought after strikers in the world

This time next week it will all be over. Hopefully it will turn out ok.

Page 58 of 67 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast