+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: Who's going to win the world cup?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
Page 59 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast

Thread: World Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    This time next week it will all be over. Hopefully it will turn out ok.
    Just wondering how everyone will feel if the English win it.
    I kind of hope they get to the final and get humped, bigger dissappointment the better, but there again how much more of this over-hype can we all stand?.

Quote Originally Posted by seeyazander View Post
    My biggest nightmare but I've decided it's going to happen and I'm making my peace with it.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    My biggest nightmare but I've decided it's going to happen and I'm making my peace with it.
    You don’t need to worry they won’t win it.

The only reason they have got as far as they have is because they have been unbelievably lucky with the draw,

It’s not coming home.

Quote Originally Posted by seeyazander View Post
    It would be the worst day of my life

It would be a nightmare football wise but there’s huge potential for Scotland if they do manage it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    It would be a nightmare football wise but there’s huge potential for Scotland if they do manage it.
    I've been weighing it up for the last week.

I reckon they will beat Croatia and I think they could beat the French even if they were to get past arguably the best team in the tournament in Belgium.

If Belgium beat France I think they will win the world cup. So come on Belgium!

I really wanted the England v Russia tie to happen. With all the cold war-esque sh*t that's been going on it probably would have got a bit feisty.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Even if it did kick start another referendum it wouldn’t make any difference,we would still be hearing about them winning the World Cup again for the rest of our lives.

England came to this World Cup claiming they didn't think they stood a chance. They squeeze past Tunisia but hammer Panama, two of the worst teams in the tournament and all of a sudden "it's coming home", we see their true colours, the ones we've become used to over the years. Even those you would think knew better are getting caught up in their hype.

Nothing's changed as far as I'm concerned, they've won the games we expected them to win, Columbia were pish and Sweden were even worse, but they still haven't played anyone of note and they still don't look anywhere near good enough to beat the better teams, in my opinion. France or Belgium and possibly Croatia too can and will tear them apart and the guffies will be put firmly back in their box.

England came to this World Cup claiming they didn't think they stood a chance. They squeeze past Tunisia but hammer Panama, two of the worst teams in the tournament and all of a sudden "it's coming home", we see their true colours, the ones we've become used to over the years. Even those you would think knew better are getting caught up in their hype.

Nothing's changed as far as I'm concerned, they've won the games we expected them to win, Columbia were pish and Sweden were even worse, but they still haven't played anyone of note and they still don't look anywhere near good enough to beat the better teams, in my opinion. France or Belgium and possibly Croatia too can and will tear them apart.

Page 59 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast