+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: Who's going to win the world cup?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
Page 65 of 67 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 LastLast

Thread: World Cup

Quote Originally Posted by JIMBO_86 View Post
    I don't get this heads held high thing. They are delusional. They chucked a game against Belgium in the group stages to get the easier path to the final. Then they couldn't manage the "easy" route to the final. Serves them right for being so unsporting. Hope Belgium TAKE THE PI$S on Saturday night against them ,
    The Belgium v England will be a repeat of the group stage game.
    Two reserve teams.
    both managers will do the decent thing and give the players who've had little or no game time a run out I'd think.
    The 3rd place/4th place game is a pointless exercise and should be scrapped.
    I'm pretty sure the Belgium & England players would've been happy to get home the day after their semi-finals.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    The Belgium v England will be a repeat of the group stage game.
    Two reserve teams.
    both managers will do the decent thing and give the players who've had little or no game time a run out I'd think.
    The 3rd place/4th place game is a pointless exercise and should be scrapped.
    I'm pretty sure the Belgium & England players would've been happy to get home the day after their semi-finals.
    Aye, 3rd place game is pointless. It's not the Olympics ffs

Nevermind England fans, the Uefa nations league is next - Rijeka in October

12 October 2018
    20:45
    (20:45 UTC+2)

Croatia v England
    Stadion Rujevica, Rijeka

3rd place game is pointless, but it is usually a better game than the final because it doesn't mean anything. And there hasn't been a good final since 1986.

3rd place games have a tendency to be decent.

It must be a kick in the s****s to play in it though.

I winna see it as ill be at Dundee Violet v Lochee United

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    3rd place games have a tendency to be decent.

It must be a kick in the s****s to play in it though.

I winna see it as ill be at Dundee Violet v Lochee United
    Might be a decent game, however, I cannot name the teams that have won that playoff previously.
    Thankfully got a result in JJ’s gambling world at the WC as my proper bet was refused for Belgium to reach the final by a couple of bookies at the offset, had a few wee nibbles here and there and over the tournament I ended up losing albeit not a lot.

Enjoy the juniors tomorrow, I’ll watch summer league tonight at Fettercairn and will get back into my routine once the season kicks off.

SF

How about this for a great stat

The last time England beat a previous world champion in a world cup knockout match was the 1966 final against West Germany

So England ended up losing as much games as they won.

It’s funny how they have went from “it’s coming home” to “we are not very good” in the space of a few days.

As someone else said on here the other day it’s probably somewhere in the middle,they are a decent team who got extremely lucky with the draw.

I'm waiting for the inevitable backlash against Southgate, he was tactically incompetent in the semi final when Croatia got on top in the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    I'm waiting for the inevitable backlash against Southgate, he was tactically incompetent in the semi final when Croatia got on top in the second half.
    You can only pish with the c0ck you’ve got, & metaphorically speaking, Southgate’s is a baldy half incher

Page 65 of 67 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 LastLast