+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: Who's going to win the world cup?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
Page 21 of 67 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: World Cup

F@cking come on Tunisia

The guffs here have started there sh@te already (I don't mean throwing white plastic seat and getting battered by water canons)

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    Switzerland are ranked 6th in the world. They have qualified for the last 4 World Cups and 3 out of 4 of the last Euro Championships. But of course their football is laughable.
    You've misread / missunderstood my post.
    I said "To prefer a brand of football that is derived to foul the opposition is laughable."

Do you prescribe that Aberdeen should play in the same way against the Huns come 5th August?
    Disruptive, anti-football, giving away repetitive fouls to stop the opposition flow.
    do you think the refs would allow us to get away with that?

[edit]
    There was a movement where MArcelo burst past their midfield and was almost clothes-lined without the player being booked.
    Actually, would mind that happening on Sun 05th Aug
    [/edit]
    Last edited by afc1903mad; 18-06-2018 at 11:13 AM.

As long as we don't play the long ball football preferred by Mcinnes then I'll be happy.

I get your point, it's not great to watch but folk have been complaining about hearts )and before that St Johnstone and before that ICT) using the hammer throwing tactics as we would at times struggle against them.

Shirely we are good enough to work around that and beat them? Aren't they just playing to their strengths? Brazil were just not good enough. In fact, Brazil are pish. Neymar isn't anywhere near as good as Ronaldo or Bale who thrive on carrying teams. He's the most overrated player, closely followed by Pogba.

I'd love to have a few players that can smartly go about roughing up the opposition. That's actually one of the things missing in our squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    As long as we don't play the long ball football preferred by Mcinnes then I'll be happy.

I get your point, it's not great to watch but folk have been complaining about hearts )and before that St Johnstone and before that ICT) using the hammer throwing tactics as we would at times struggle against them.

Shirely we are good enough to work around that and beat them? Aren't they just playing to their strengths? Brazil were just not good enough. In fact, Brazil are pish. Neymar isn't anywhere near as good as Ronaldo or Bale who thrive on carrying teams. He's the most overrated player, closely followed by Pogba.

I'd love to have a few players that can smartly go about roughing up the opposition. That's actually one of the things missing in our squad.
    Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post

Be nice to get a few players to rough the opposition up if we could be guard fined the clown from last night to ref the game

If that Swedish boy had toppled like that in the penalty box at the King Street End, there would have been at least one cry of "Get up, ye ****in fanny" from Section Y.

Belgium, what a sh1tty attitude. Cone on Panama.

More like it. The half time gee up is working.

Yaaaaaaas min

It's not a penalty. The experts viewing it deemed it a foul, the mind boggles.or am I wrong?

Page 21 of 67 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast