+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: Who's going to win the world cup?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
Page 56 of 67 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Thread: World Cup

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    The 2 best teams in the World Cup imo have been Belgium and Croatia,that will be the final.
    Definitely the best two teams imo as well. France I don't think are that special and England haven't been tested. Two lucky results is all they need I suppose and not beyond the realms of possibility.

Just watching Croatia / Russia, does Ally McCoist have to say "John" to his co-commentator every 2 minutes.

Croatia win on penalties...

Perfidious Albion are winning the world cup......on my birthday.
    I've made my peace with it, thought I'd be dead before it happened again, but hey ho.

This is my personal 9th Dante-esque circle but, as I said, I've made my peace with it.

Nae chunce, Sneck. I'm amazed as anyone that they're this far but they're 50-50 with Croatia and France/Belgium are both better. Nothing to worry about!

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    Perfidious Albion are winning the world cup......on my birthday.
    I've made my peace with it, thought I'd be dead before it happened again, but hey ho.

This is my personal 9th Dante-esque circle but, as I said, I've made my peace with it.
    Well...a lot can happen in a few days

Croatia struggled against Denmark and Russia,2 teams who like to sit back.They were at their best against Argentina who obviously like to attack.

Considering the guffs are priding themselves on being so attack minded for a change I think Croatia will beat them.

It's almost nice to see an underdog punch so far above its weight.

Unlike the 3 other semi-finalists, the guffies have not one single World class player in their ranks, and this I believe, is where it will all come tumbling down for them.
    You cant count their farce of a game against the Belgium reserves, which they actually lost - believe it or not, but they haven't actually played anyone of note yet and certainly no team possessing the type of world class players that they won't be able to cope with. That's about to change though.

I think where it will come tumbling down is the fact they don't have a leader in their team. If they go down they don't have anyone to rally the troops on the field.

That and the fact they aren't very good

Page 56 of 67 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast