+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: David and Goliath

David and Goliath

Forest are about to spend 10 million on a midfielder. We cam't even shop at Poundworld now!

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    Forest are about to spend 10 million on a midfielder. We cam't even shop at Poundworld now?
    Quite scary but he can only take one place int team.

Wow, thats sobering. I dont even consider forest to be the big guns any more. I was hoping they could be one pf the clubs to hit the financial doo dar, but it would seem they are flush.

Scary, sobering yes. Same as Stoke paying millions for a Nigerian international. Its not going to change either. What we have is the nucleus of a settled team who play for the shirt. Is it enough? its got to be! We are United.

Horses for courses!

If these teams want to buy players that are not suited to the championship hoping to get into the premiership more fool them!

I'll be selling slingshots

Well if he's as good as some of the dross they have sent to us I wouldnt worry too much about it. Didnt they shell a lot of money out on blackstock. They certainly paid him too much.

You can’t buy passion and belief.
    Warne will have them up for it. Personally I think we will be a lot better prepared than last time.

Tough yes impossible NO.

Agreed Poxket, the fancy dans dont like it up em on cold wet nights its up to us to make sure we attach our bayonets.

When Warnock kept is up it wasnt to do with us finding extra skill or signing fancy players it was more to do wjth self belief, team spirit, grit and organisation. You dont have to pay for those things. I think its already becoming warneys trade mark.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 11-06-2018 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Well if he's as good as some of the dross they have sent to us I wouldnt worry too much about it. Didnt they shell a lot of money out on blackstock. They certainly paid him too much.

Roly, and so did we at the end!

It can't come as a surprise that we will have little to spend while others will have silly money. It's a reality that we just have to deal with. Sooner be a yoyo team than the trouble we have had in the past. Or like Sunderland and Villa.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast