+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hector and chalobah

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    If the main basis of our signings turn out to be loans, that's not TMs fault. Blame there falls at the door of Venkys again.
    which person within Blackburn Rovers Football Club have you heard that from, that all our signings would be on loan?
    Was it the same person who told you Danny Graham was signing for Bolton? I'm not having a go, but before folk start getting negative (one month after promotion and 2 weeks before any side can sign anyone) lets go back to the constant negativity of last season.

The Venkys have done one thing, confirmed by 2 people. Tony Mowbray and Steve Waggot. They BOTH confirmed they got the FULL backing of Venkys.
    At no point did that translate to 'we are only signing loan players'.
    Not one person at BRFC has said anything of the sort.

So I'm rather confused. who is telling you all this ****e? The same folk who told you we wouldn't go up and moaned all season by any chance?

I thought you had learned last season.

It all appears to have been forgotten in less than one month, which is rather worrying.

The only thing TM has said in relation to anything transfer wise, is he does not want to be given a huge transfer kitty, as it would add way too much pressure and could easily go wrong. Why do that to ourselves, its far too risky, especially with FFP.

I'd read that as Venkys have probably given him an open cheque book and told him to sign who he wants ....as they have given him their full backing! We have already been over all this?

Its TM who does not want to spend stupid money. Venkys are probably the 2nd richest owners in the Prem. They are billionaires several times over. If they wanted to spend £100m they will. Its the guy who is in charge, trelling them what to do, who is calling the shots. And anyone who knows anything about football will be happy to trust him.

Apart from the numbskull fans who moaned all last season. They can stay away ........................

Your reporting the opinions of idiots who post on BRFC's who know absolutely nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    which person within Blackburn Rovers Football Club have you heard that from, that all our signings would be on loan?
    Was it the same person who told you Danny Graham was signing for Bolton? I'm not having a go, but before folk start getting negative (one month after promotion and 2 weeks before any side can sign anyone) lets go back to the constant negativity of last season.

The Venkys have done one thing, confirmed by 2 people. Tony Mowbray and Steve Waggot. They BOTH confirmed they got the FULL backing of Venkys.
    At no point did that translate to 'we are only signing loan players'.
    Not one person at BRFC has said anything of the sort.

So I'm rather confused. who is telling you all this ****e? The same folk who told you we wouldn't go up and moaned all season by any chance?

I thought you had learned last season.

It all appears to have been forgotten in less than one month, which is rather worrying.

The only thing TM has said in relation to anything transfer wise, is he does not want to be given a huge transfer kitty, as it would add way too much pressure and could easily go wrong. Why do that to ourselves, its far too risky, especially with FFP.

I'd read that as Venkys have probably given him an open cheque book and told him to sign who he wants ....as they have given him their full backing! We have already been over all this?

Its TM who does not want to spend stupid money. Venkys are probably the 2nd richest owners in the Prem. They are billionaires several times over. If they wanted to spend £100m they will. Its the guy who is in charge, trelling them what to do, who is calling the shots. And anyone who knows anything about football will be happy to trust him.

Apart from the numbskull fans who moaned all last season. They can stay away ........................

Your reporting the opinions of idiots who post on BRFC's who know absolutely nothing.
    Wow champs.. I'm just saying by my own observation that most of the links I've read about are loans. I've not read anyone else making that observation so far. It may be that most of these links are false anyway.

Wow champs.. I'm just saying by my own observation that most of the links I've read about are loans. I've not read anyone else making that observation so far. It may be that most of these links are false anyway.

Based on your knowledge of previous transfer windows, you know almost all are untrue.
    Nothing has been confirmed by the club.
    But you and others reading of this hearsay ...is a negative one?
    Yet, based on your knowledge of every WC since you have been alive, you think England can do well in Russia?
    Even knowing what you know? Perennial failures England? Made up of perennial failure Spurs players.
    But your positive about that? And England.
    Yet negative about Rovers?

Based on hearsay, and nothing concrete at all.

Like the constant negativity last season, and the constant negativity that will be around Ewood next season (wenever we don't win) ....I simply don't get it?

I actually, nievely though we turned a corner last season. No chance ......

Based on your knowledge of previous transfer windows, you know almost all are untrue.
    Nothing has been confirmed by the club.
    But you and others reading of this hearsay ...is a negative one?
    Yet, based on your knowledge of every WC since you have been alive, you think England can do well in Russia?
    Even knowing what you know? Perennial failures England? Made up of perennial failure Spurs players.
    But your positive about that? And England.
    Yet negative about Rovers?

Based on hearsay, and nothing concrete at all.

Like the constant negativity last season, and the constant negativity that will be around Ewood next season (wenever we don't win) ....I simply don't get it?

I actually, nievely though we turned a corner last season. No chance ......
    To be fair champs, you really think all should be forgive and forgotten re Venkys based on one positive season?

For ME, they have a lot more to prove re their backing of the club moving forward to convince me. If I'm sceptical of them, it's very much well earned on their part!

And as i pointed out. Stay away. Please don't come back.
    The club is doing really well, and that kind of non support is not what is needed.
    We don't need the ones who disappeared when things got tough. But all returned on the final day to celebrate going up. And run on the pitch. The ones (like you) who sat and moaned last season everytime it got tough, and didn't come along and support the lads simply isn't relevant.
    Times changed at Ewod, about 18 months ago. Maybe before that.
    Now things are very very different. The better we do, the more will return.
    But nobody is losing any sleep over the ones who don't have the guts or conviction.

They can go watch England. They are probably going to win the WC because Sky says Harry Kane is world class. Spend your money on them. And time. For you, following Rovers just seems to be a non stop negative. I'd cut the ties personally. It can't be good for you?
    England have never let anyone down. Put your faith in those really decent lads.

And as i pointed out. Stay away. Please don't come back.
    The club is doing really well, and that kind of non support is not what is needed.
    We don't need the ones who disappeared when things got tough. But all returned on the final day to celebrate going up. And run on the pitch. The ones (like you) who sat and moaned last season everytime it got tough, and didn't come along and support the lads simply isn't relevant.
    Times changed at Ewod, about 18 months ago. Maybe before that.
    Now things are very very different. The better we do, the more will return.
    But nobody is losing any sleep over the ones who don't have the guts or conviction.

They can go watch England. They are probably going to win the WC because Sky says Harry Kane is world class. Spend your money on them. And time. For you, following Rovers just seems to be a non stop negative. I'd cut the ties personally. It can't be good for you?
    England have never let anyone down. Put your faith in those really decent lads.
    Oh shut up Venky lover.

To be fair champs, you really think all should be forgive and forgotten re Venkys based on one positive season?

For ME, they have a lot more to prove re their backing of the club moving forward to convince me. If I'm sceptical of them, it's very much well earned on their part!

When you say backing? Do you disagree with TM, and you think we should be going out spending millions?
    Like Forest, who spent £13.5m on an unknown Portuguese player? The same Forest who are heavily in trouble with FFP? So we should risk all our good work, to appease one fan? The rest of us who go, can see what's he's doing. And trust in it. It really is that simple.

The rest of them believe England will go do well this WC. We all see things differently.

I know who I trust. And I know who not to listen to.
    My memory of last season, was almost non stop negativity.

Oh shut up Venky lover.

Good relevant points well made.

Champs - I don't think you should take comments on loan-rumours as criticisms of Mowbray.
    My comments, for example, are about the rumours themselves.
    In this case, I am saying I can't see why we would be signing two centre-backs as "cover" - unless TM is expecting Lenihan (or Mulgrew) to be sold.
    Our regular back four are all capable of playing well at centre-back (as they have shown). Then there are extras like Downing, Wharton and Platt.
    So why would we need imports for that position? I would say it's the last area we need cover in.
    Do you disagree with that?

The only point I've made is that TM CLEARLY stated the aim is to build the team up over a period to one capable of challenging to get back in the premier league. That cannot be done if we are only signing primarily loan players every transfer window.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)