+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hector and chalobah

Replying directly to your post aucks, I have a fear TM moves for players he rates, regardless of whether the team needs it at that particular time, rather than looking at the teams pressing needs and identifying the best available for that position.

But we'll see..

It's worked ok so far though saxo
    I am pretty sure Tony Mowbray will strengthen in our weaker areas but IF true about signing 2 centre backs that for me is a waste
    1 I totally get as champs said if mulgrew or lenihan goes on top of the fact downing is unproven at this level but 2 is a bit ott.

Rumours ? A successful album by Fleetwood Mac.
    Also, statements made without proper foundation.
    The word ‘fact’ as been bandied on this forums postings many many times, and that is fine - Once it is proven as so. Not simply an opinion.

So, why oh why is there heated debate on here over something without basis???

I’m afraid if the ‘price is right’ ultimately any one of our assets will depart, that’s business.
    It is well outside of our managers control, here or anywhere else.

Despair - I agree completely that we are probably discussing hot air.
    From my point of view, though, it's more the underlying football-concepts that interest me, rather than the accuracy of the rumours.
    Champs says we would have to trust Mowbray's judgement if he brought these two in, but I would reserve the right to be dubious about such a decision. Let's say we sign three permanent players and three loanees. Assuming no key players leave, would it really make sense for two of those six to be centre-backs, given the composition of the current squad? That's what I can't see.
    I'm not disputing that one of them might turn out to be excellent - we can't know that in advance. I'm focusing more on our most obvious needs.
    I don't think we have the money to sign a player just because he's good and available, even if his position is not one we're obviously light in.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Despair - I agree completely that we are probably discussing hot air.
    From my point of view, though, it's more the underlying football-concepts that interest me, rather than the accuracy of the rumours.
    Champs says we would have to trust Mowbray's judgement if he brought these two in, but I would reserve the right to be dubious about such a decision. Let's say we sign three permanent players and three loanees. Assuming no key players leave, would it really make sense for two of those six to be centre-backs, given the composition of the current squad? That's what I can't see.
    I'm not disputing that one of them might turn out to be excellent - we can't know that in advance. I'm focusing more on our most obvious needs.
    I don't think we have the money to sign a player just because he's good and available, even if his position is not one we're obviously light in.

Auks, I do agree, the rumour makes no sense in that we are getting players in for a position we already have cover for. I always thought Williams would move inside next seaosn, and Bell at LB. And thats on top of Charlie and Lenihan and Downing.
    I was just saying, nobody has left, nobody has signed. Its all just rumours.

This isnt aimed at you Auks, but most people's default setting is blind panic and negativity? They read a non story, and get wound up and start moaning.
    Lets just go back to facts. There has been no business done.
    Lets just see what happens.

I for one trust Mowbray. He is calling the shots noow, Venkys will simply back him.
    All the rest will fall into place. I'm more interested in the fixtures coming out shortly, than paper talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    Replying directly to your post aucks, I have a fear TM moves for players he rates, regardless of whether the team needs it at that particular time, rather than looking at the teams pressing needs and identifying the best available for that position.
    like Bradley Dack?

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    like Bradley Dack?
    Good signing.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    Auks, I do agree, the rumour makes no sense in that we are getting players in for a position we already have cover for. I always thought Williams would move inside next seaosn, and Bell at LB. And thats on top of Charlie and Lenihan and Downing.
    I was just saying, nobody has left, nobody has signed. Its all just rumours.

This isnt aimed at you Auks, but most people's default setting is blind panic and negativity? They read a non story, and get wound up and start moaning.
    Lets just go back to facts. There has been no business done.
    Lets just see what happens.

I for one trust Mowbray. He is calling the shots noow, Venkys will simply back him.
    All the rest will fall into place. I'm more interested in the fixtures coming out shortly, than paper talk.
    That sums it all up very well.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)