+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hector and chalobah

Hector and chalobah

Looking for a double loan deal for Michael hector and trevoh chalobah
    In my opinion we don't need anymore defenders but this lad chalobah is very highly thought of
    I trust in mowbrays judgement whoever we go for.

I'm baffled as to why we'd be taking two centre-backs on loan. I hope this is another unfounded rumour. Otherwise, I'd be concerned it means TM expects Lenihan to leave.
    Can anyone think why else we'd be doubling up in a position we already have so well catered for?
    Presumably, they would be on big money too - although I've never been clear who takes the brunt of the burden for such salaries.
    I'm not in favour of cover for cover's sake - especially if it gets in the way of the possible development of the Club's own youngsters.
    Robin, I know you and Champs insist on trusting the manager, and, of course, I'm a Mowbray supporter too, but I simply can't see why these two would be priorities.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    I'm baffled as to why we'd be taking two centre-backs on loan. I hope this is another unfounded rumour. Otherwise, I'd be concerned it means TM expects Lenihan to leave.
    Can anyone think why else we'd be doubling up in a position we already have so well catered for?
    Presumably, they would be on big money too - although I've never been clear who takes the brunt of the burden for such salaries.
    I'm not in favour of cover for cover's sake - especially if it gets in the way of the possible development of the Club's own youngsters.
    Robin, I know you and Champs insist on trusting the manager, and, of course, I'm a Mowbray supporter too, but I simply can't see why these two would be priorities.
    I'm more concerned that all the links are on a loan basis. TM talked of building a team over time. You can't do that with loans.

I think he will be putting most of the budget on Armstrong and Chapman
    A lot of frustration will be felt as you rightly put it a few will be loans
    6 players were highlighted as needed by Mowbray if 2 of those are centre backs it will be a little disappointing
    We are short on the wing and up front.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    I think he will be putting most of the budget on Armstrong and Chapman
    A lot of frustration will be felt as you rightly put it a few will be loans
    6 players were highlighted as needed by Mowbray if 2 of those are centre backs it will be a little disappointing
    We are short on the wing and up front.
    That's exactly how I see it, Robin.
    In all probability, the next few days will solve all the issues. For the time being, though, I am hoping this is just another empty rumour, as I look at our centre-back position and say to myself, "This is already our strongest area!"
    A winger, a forward and a creative midfielder must be the priorities. A few loan players on top of that? Fine, but let's focus on three players who are signed with an actual prospect of a place!

It sounds like any loan signings will be made towards the end of August when the loan window closes
    So all purely rumours at the moment give another week and I am sure a couple of players will be signed up
    Strong rumours of Chapman returning on a permanent deal
    If his injuries are kept under control he would be a quality signing.

It's constantly rumoured that 'Elvis is in the building', but we know he's not really ��

More and more these days with the social media explosion the place is awash with stories, claims , expose' of this, that or whatever.
    Don't waste your valuable time pondering them, as by and large they've been dreamt up / concocted by folk who thrive on 'wasting their time' in this way.

Be patient and trust TM.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    That's exactly how I see it, Robin.
    In all probability, the next few days will solve all the issues. For the time being, though, I am hoping this is just another empty rumour, as I look at our centre-back position and say to myself, "This is already our strongest area!"
    A winger, a forward and a creative midfielder must be the priorities. A few loan players on top of that? Fine, but let's focus on three players who are signed with an actual prospect of a place!
    How do we know that Charlie isn't leaving? If so, a centre half will be required. If CM left, we would only have one centre half in the whole club with Champ experience? That would be a real risk. Downing will be ok as a squad player, but not a starter. Also, what was perceived strong enough vrs the likes of Fleetwood wont be strong enough vrs the likes of WBA etc ....we cant sit still, or we will be back playing Fleetwood again next season. We have to strengthen. For me a CH is a must position, to strengthen.
    I wouldn't be getting annoyed, as nobody has left or come in. So nobody knows anything. And the manager has been on holiday for 2 weeks. Not one side has done any business yet.

A week ago, Bolton where signing Danny Graham. A week later we retain him and he had absolutely no contact with Bolton whatsoever. Personally, I'd sit back, and just trust the manager.
    He knows exactly who he wants. For which position, and for how much. Give him the credit he deserves.

I already get the feeling he is being questioned again, like every week last season when his tactics where questioned every week. His signings where questioned. His style of play was questioned.
    By now, I'd have thought he would have earnt that trust from the fans? He has been fantastic.

And he will get most things right this summer. Like last summer. Like everything he has touched since arriving at our club.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    I'm more concerned that all the links are on a loan basis. TM talked of building a team over time. You can't do that with loans.
    But aren't in for just loan signings? Nowhere it has said that? And at no point has TM or Waggot said that.
    That said, after Dack last season, our 2 most important players where both loan players, in Chapman and Armstrong. Downing only really played for a sustained period, while on loan (he barley played after we signed him perm).
    Loan signings did nothing but good last season. But they can be hit and miss. The young lad we got from WBA (Harper??) never made it, and probably stopped the growth of one of our own youngsters. That's the only minor concern. We are potentially bringing in a Prem starlet, to help his development, at the detrement of one of our own.
    If we land a few players who can play, and will add to us, whom we would not have been otherwise unable to sign due to a huge fee, then its a good thing. Like last season. Which will be alongside the perm signings.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    But aren't in for just loan signings? Nowhere it has said that? And at no point has TM or Waggot said that.
    That said, after Dack last season, our 2 most important players where both loan players, in Chapman and Armstrong. Downing only really played for a sustained period, while on loan (he barley played after we signed him perm).
    Loan signings did nothing but good last season. But they can be hit and miss. The young lad we got from WBA (Harper??) never made it, and probably stopped the growth of one of our own youngsters. That's the only minor concern. We are potentially bringing in a Prem starlet, to help his development, at the detrement of one of our own.
    If we land a few players who can play, and will add to us, whom we would not have been otherwise unable to sign due to a huge fee, then its a good thing. Like last season. Which will be alongside the perm signings.
    If the main basis of our signings turn out to be loans, that's not TMs fault. Blame there falls at the door of Venkys again.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)