+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: You've Made An Enquiry About Kieffer Moore

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Moore got 4 goals in 20 Championship appearances for Barnsley last season...multiply up to estimate at about 10 per season (without taking penalties), which is about the same as Derbyshire and Ward. Might be enough to keep us up? Are our other forwards likely to get into double figures at this level? Difficult to judge!
    don't forget it would of took him a few games to find his feet with the style of play and surroundings also how many of them appearnces was from the subs bench.

let's be relistic if we sign Moore and go down and manage to keep hold of him we will have one of the best strikers in league 1.

According to an interview the CEO gave several players at the club have expressed a desire to move on and remain in the championship .

Whether Kieffer is one of them I don't know because obviously the CEO wouldn't be drawn on the detail .

The new HC doesn't start work until July 1st but I'm fairly certain he will have began doing the prep work by looking at DVD's and stats from last season so he will already have a handle on who he believes can cut it with the system he's going to be playing .

Moore , Thiam , Moncur , Mowatt and possibly McGeehan in my opinion could struggle with a counter press system .

Would definitely be an asset for the squad but I'm sure a big motivator in Moore's move was wages which I am sure were much more than we could afford to pay. Wasn't he getting upwards of 10k p/w? Not sure we could come close to that, nor do I think we should.

I've said before that the signing of Smith in place of Moore was key in transforming the direction of our season. It looked like sides had worked Moore out and we were struggling for numerous games to make an impact. He could neither pull defenders all over as he could at the start, nor could we create goal chances for him to tuck in (which he is much better than Smith in doing). However, Smith I think proved much better at pulling defenders around and sides still hadn't found a solution to him all the way through to Wembley! He created so much room for others to come forward and score.

Much as Smith transformed our season in L1 though, I think the better class of defenders and managers in the next tier will quickly learn how to manage him and I'm struggling to see how he will have anything like a similar impact in the Championship. Moore would be better suited to this but you'd need to build the team around him to create the chances for him, a very different game plan.

UTM

Maybe we are considering swapping Moore for Smith. I would have Moore back but I think our priorities need to be elsewhere. We have two big bustling forwards with the ones we have already. Besides Moore will be getting more money in Div ! than he would with us in the championship. He will also score more goals there. I can't see it happening mi sen.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Maybe we are considering swapping Moore for Smith. I would have Moore back but I think our priorities need to be elsewhere. We have two big bustling forwards with the ones we have already. Besides Moore will be getting more money in Div ! than he would with us in the championship. He will also score more goals there. I can't see it happening mi sen.
    I reckon you'd get him for £800k if he wants away or the new HC doesn't rate him .

Another option is for us to take him on loan if Barnsleys Hc is not keen on him. That might suit all parties.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Another option is for us to take him on loan if Barnsleys Hc is not keen on him. That might suit all parties.
    I hope not

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I reckon you'd get him for £800k if he wants away or the new HC doesn't rate him .
    .......'ow much? That's Tony Stewart speaking, not me 😊

..think if we did have that money to spend it would be wiser to spend it on decent defenders mi sen.

get he goes to posh when there star striker gets sold

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast