+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pre European Tour Trip to Cork

Waiting to see what the ginger ninja is up to and also the lossie loon. He's talking about an Air BnB for the Saturday night similar to Split near Cork airport. If I go by train then I don't need digs on the Friday night. I'll keep you in the loop.

Quote Originally Posted by kkong View Post
    I may go to this. Not been to that part of Ireland before.

As it happens, I am due to be in Manchester that weekend anyway, so I can get a flight across and back on the Saturday.
    Bitty steep at £180 return for an in and out! If I go from Glasgow by train I get to Cork 9.30am so have the whole day and night there and back home on the Saturday.

I think the price of the accommodation will put a lot of folk off, its nae like its Vegas!

The cheapest I can get it down to is drive to Newcastle..

Ryanair Newcastle to Dublin £9.99
    Then overnight return coach Dublin Airport to Cork £30
    Ryan air back to Newcastle on the Sunday for £19

Cant imagine I will do it as its not exactly a comfortable way to spend a weekend but there are ways and means of getting anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by GASC1980 View Post
    Bitty steep at £180 return for an in and out! If I go from Glasgow by train I get to Cork 9.30am so have the whole day and night there and back home on the Saturday.
    Right. So I could get across on a motorbike Holyhead to Dublin for about £90 return. Drive there, drive down to Cork etc.
    This Cobh ground is a fair bit out of Cork City Centre , and a "long" way from the airport ( as per air b,n,b. thing ) Bunch of wee island type bitties round there .With nice weather it would be a fine cruising around place.

Might be better looking for beds in the Cobh area ? Unless there is a great urge to razz it up big in Cork itself after the game ?

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    Right. So I could get across on a motorbike Holyhead to Dublin for about £90 return. Drive there, drive down to Cork etc.
    This Cobh ground is a fair bit out of Cork City Centre , and a "long" way from the airport ( as per air b,n,b. thing ) Bunch of wee island type bitties round there .With nice weather it would be a fine cruising around place.

Might be better looking for beds in the Cobh area ? Unless there is a great urge to razz it up big in Cork itself after the game ?
    Err, aye mebbes no ! Just checked prices round there. .......see what Lossieloon comes up with ?

Reason for the place I originally looked at Neil, was proximity t the airport, due t the 6am (!) flight on the Sunday. I still don’t know if I can be away from work that weekend, but startin t really want t go, so where there’s a will there’s a way etc. I’ll know today for sure, and will take it from there.

Quote Originally Posted by LossieLoonLosinFaith View Post
    Reason for the place I originally looked at Neil, was proximity t the airport, due t the 6am (!) flight on the Sunday. I still don’t know if I can be away from work that weekend, but startin t really want t go, so where there’s a will there’s a way etc. I’ll know today for sure, and will take it from there.
    K. I`m the same, it`s beginning to feel like the start to the Season !!

( Aye and a fine pint of Murphys served the local way wouldn`t go amiss either. Just the one , mind )

Doffed cap to you Neilthedon, you don't miss many of these trips.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    Doffed cap to you Neilthedon, you don't miss many of these trips.
    Nah, there are "better " Top Dons than me when it comes to these trips !!

I`m a faker, you`ll not see me at Arbroath . Just the Overseas glory hunting ones.

( btw it`s quicker/cheaper/easier for me to get this sort of thing than it is to get to Pittodrie for a home game )

Well,....looks like it`s just me then ? ( Although I`m sure there`ll be a few more once I get there ? )

Usual Crew are falling out left,right and centre. Work, no time off, spent up for the month. all valid excuses .

So I`ve dug one of my old bikes out the shed, fired her up, mot`d and taxed her. Booked the Holyhead to Dublin Ferries. £105 return. Hardest part has been Hotels. OK, I could probably take a tent , but even shared dormitary Hostels are £40 upwards. Hotels are starting at £100 a night. What is this place ??!!! Monaco ? Guess I`ll find out.

Spottede my home from home. Fred Zepplins pub. on Parliament Street. I mean , how nae ? With a name like that !!

Finally settled on the Travel lodge at Airport. 1.8 miles from Centre. So at worst I can walk back from Town.

Been scoping out the bus routes to Cobh. two possiblilties, direct from outside Cork Kent railway station 24 mins. Or down to PassageWest ferry. 5 min crossing and anther bus around Cobh. May do that on way out , pre drinking.

Now lets see about bars near the ground.............. COYR

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast