+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pre European Tour Trip to Cork

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    Well,....looks like it`s just me then ? ( Although I`m sure there`ll be a few more once I get there ? )

Usual Crew are falling out left,right and centre. Work, no time off, spent up for the month. all valid excuses .

So I`ve dug one of my old bikes out the shed, fired her up, mot`d and taxed her. Booked the Holyhead to Dublin Ferries. £105 return. Hardest part has been Hotels. OK, I could probably take a tent , but even shared dormitary Hostels are £40 upwards. Hotels are starting at £100 a night. What is this place ??!!! Monaco ? Guess I`ll find out.

Spottede my home from home. Fred Zepplins pub. on Parliament Street. I mean , how nae ? With a name like that !!

Finally settled on the Travel lodge at Airport. 1.8 miles from Centre. So at worst I can walk back from Town.

Been scoping out the bus routes to Cobh. two possiblilties, direct from outside Cork Kent railway station 24 mins. Or down to PassageWest ferry. 5 min crossing and anther bus around Cobh. May do that on way out , pre drinking.

Now lets see about bars near the ground.............. COYR
    Sons of Anarchy comes to Cobh 😀

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Sons of Anarchy comes to Cobh 😀
    Oh but they`ve got all that in Ireland too. Bandidos have just opened up in Cork. I`ll nae be taking a Harley Davidson doon there !!

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    Been scoping out the bus routes to Cobh. two possiblilties, direct from outside Cork Kent railway station 24 mins. Or down to PassageWest ferry. 5 min crossing and anther bus around Cobh. May do that on way out , pre drinking.
    Trains from Cork Kent to Cobh every hour at xx:00, takes 24 minutes, €5 return fare.

Return trains from Cobh every hour at xx:30.

I will probably be going to this game.

See you in the Ground`s bar before the game then ? Or maybe the Rob Roy .

I`ll be trawling round Cork in the morning. Looking for Callahans. Said to be best pint of Murphys in town ?

Neil, that’s me and Massey decided to go. Just a short (20 hour) train, ferry and bus journey to negotiate, but we will see your flowing black (just for men coloured) locks sometime Saturday morning.

Jammy buggers. Enjoy. Absolutely gutted I can't make this now. Nae pictures to rub it in please.

Quote Originally Posted by LossieLoonLosinFaith View Post
    Neil, that’s me and Massey decided to go. Just a short (20 hour) train, ferry and bus journey to negotiate, but we will see your flowing black (just for men coloured) locks sometime Saturday morning.
    Aye ok. you staying near the Airport ? Give us a ring when you`re in town.

I`ll be checking it out the Friday night. Should have an idea by Saturday morning !!

Quote Originally Posted by LossieLoonLosinFaith View Post
    20 hours to get to Ireland for a friendly, respect dude

Quote Originally Posted by GASC1980 View Post
    Fit like neilthedon? Might have to give this a miss. Can do it for £105 return. Glasgow to Liverpool train. Bide at John Lennon airport hotel then £12 Ryanair flight to Cork Saturday morning. Have you seen the price of digs in Cork??? Early morning flight Sunday back to the weeg.

Or £120 return by train all the way from Glasgow Central via Crewe, Holyhead and Dublin!!!

Let the Euro fun commence in a couple of weeks!!!
    Right min. All eyes on youze now,.................. get yersel ower !!! COYR

Nae overnight stay for us, arrive in Cork at 10am, leave at 7pm for the journey home! Al give you a shout on arrival.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast